Gub Tech Guul? Zuul clone?

One more note about the Guul is when I initially set it up all seemed fine but when I engaged my delay the tails were being chopped off by the gate. I realized I needed to have it on the return line going into the Guul. The illustrations on the site are great but I was brain-farting when picturing my effects added into the equation.

if anyone else ends up having similar issues feel free to pm me and I can break it down really easy how to connect your Guul to the loop and your effects.
why not post it here for all? :)

also, are you using the "Key" Input/ouput on the Guul?

OK when I get home I will post that info. I am using what Gup Tech calls the "L-Wire Method". That is basically running your guitar into the right side of the Guul or the key side then you run out the left side of the pedal through your boosts or whatever and then into the front of your amp. The top jacks are for the loop and I will need to consult my notes to accurately describe that signal chain.

why not post it here for all? :)

also, are you using the "Key" Input/ouput on the Guul?
Ok, here is how I setup the Guul. This is a terrible picture of the board I am using and all descriptions are relevant to this board. You should be able to convert this info to your board. Btw, all bottom row pedals go to front of amp and all top row are in the loop.

Guitar > right side of Guul.

Left side of Guul > Tuner > OD > Distortion > Distortion > Amp input

Amp's Loop Effects Send > Top right jack of Guul

Top left jack of Guul > MXR 10 band EQ input

MXR 10 band output > Chorus > Delay > Reverb

Reverb output > Amp's Loop Effects Return

HMnuFVG.jpg

Last edited:
what did you order?
I ordered some of those Ernie Ball flat ribbon patch cables. I got a deal on the peadalboard combo set.

I find pedals with top jacks and power input jacks are super crowded and often require putting plugs at angles that are untidy. Same goes with side jack cables with power input jacks on the side.

The flat ribbon cables have smaller heads and the cables are pretty flexible/twistable.

I bought one and received it last week, in orange/laser etched finish. It works fine. I'm also using an Endless Blockade in another pedalboard. They are really similar in tone and function.

DSC_1803_470x.jpg

Back