Boost for More Saturation

Junk Yard Dog

I’ve got a 50w Fully Loaded Comp on the way. Been gassing to try the “new” Splawns with the mid-cut and néw/old. I had a 2014 Pro Stock and I loved it, but found I wanted a bit more saturation out of it.

I moved on to Friedmans and love the feel of those. Very 3D and bouncy...but sometimes I wanted it slightly tighter like the Splawn. I guess my ideal feel is between a Friedman and Splawn/.

what boost can give me that bounce with the Splawn? Clean? OD? Compressor?

If I want to keep the "root" tone of the my Nitro but want even more gain or input gain, I use an MXR Microamp.

I was never really a fan of using an OD pedal to boost. Never really liked the tone to be honest. just a personal preference. A clean boost like the MXR Microamp always achieved what I wanted.

I've heard great things about the T.C. SPARK MINI BOOSTER as well.

Good luck.

If I want to keep the "root" tone of the my Nitro but want even more gain or input gain, I use an MXR Microamp.

I was never really a fan of using an OD pedal to boost. Never really liked the tone to be honest. just a personal preference. A clean boost like the MXR Microamp always achieved what I wanted.

I've heard great things about the T.C. SPARK MINI BOOSTER as well.

Good luck.
Cool, thx! I have a mini and big Spark. Sounds like a clean boost is really all I need.

Xotic BB Pre is great IMO. Also more on the lesser known realm the Cmatmods Super Signa Drive. Both sides do great with the Splawns.

Never tried a Splawn...but for Friedmans and other Hot-Rodded Marshalls I've always had success with the RC Booster and the Suhr Koko Boost (the first one)

Back