KSR vs REVV Vs OMEGA

Kinda surprised by all the revv hate in here. I have the mkii 100p and think it’s great. Solid build, quality components, great features, and very useable tones. I guess i sorta understand why it wouldn’t be super popular here. It’s nothing like a modded marshall and that seems to be the popular choice on this forum. I think it stacks right up there with all of my 11 other amps, just a diff flavor. To each there own, just surprising.

Bought and returned a Revv 120 MKII. Certainly the least inspiring amp for the money that I've played. Purple channel was cool I guess. Would love to try an Omega some day!

Bought and returned a Revv 120 MKII. Certainly the least inspiring amp for the money that I've played. Purple channel was cool I guess. Would love to try an Omega some day!
Yeah i also had a MKII and went through hell to get it ( had a post on here about the shit Revv's customer service was ) Ended up getting it and selling it a week later, amp was dull and lifeless to my ears.

One of my friends who I trust and who knows my test recommended that I skip Revv for a lot of the same reasons mentioned in this thread. I dont really like Friedman amps for their polished and polite feel. He said he felt the same way about the Revv.

As far as KSR. I have had an Orthos Mk 2 and a Ceres/PA50 rig that I absolutely loved. I recently sold my PA50/Ceres to get an Ares with the clean mod. I love KSR stuff and Kyle is a class act.

I would like to try an Omega. It's one of those amps that everyone seems to love these days. I wouldnt be surprised if they were built by KSR as there are some definite similarities in parts/form.

I got the Gemini right when he switched from Rhodes to KSR.
Wanted a REVV when they first showed up,but I showed remarkable restraint and held off.
But it was much harder to not throw down for the Omega when they popped up.
Would love to try both brands,but not enough to dig into savings or bang a credit card.
I can't believe it,but I think I am done.
Collecting liquor is so much cheaper than amps.
Depends on the liquor. Some 25 and 50 year single malt whiskeys cost far more than amps!

One of my friends who I trust and who knows my test recommended that I skip Revv for a lot of the same reasons mentioned in this thread. I dont really like Friedman amps for their polished and polite feel. He said he felt the same way about the Revv.

As far as KSR. I have had an Orthos Mk 2 and a Ceres/PA50 rig that I absolutely loved. I recently sold my PA50/Ceres to get an Ares with the clean mod. I love KSR stuff and Kyle is a class act.

I would like to try an Omega. It's one of those amps that everyone seems to love these days. I wouldnt be surprised if they were built by KSR as there are some definite similarities in parts/form.
KSR Manufactures the Obsidian for Omega. The actual chassis/circuit, etc. Michael shells and finishes them.

Lots of Revv “hate”. It’s not for everyone and it’s a very modern sounding amp. For me it’s like the modeler player’s dream amp. It’s got everything you need under the hood. I’m a fan, heck it’s why I bought one and it has its place.

Owned a Orthos MK2 for a bit but that voicing wasn’t my thing. Not a bad sound but not what I was going for. Next amp on my wish list is Omega but I’m not sure which one to get.

Anyone have experience with both Omega’s as far as the heavy tones go?

I had a KSR Orthos briefly...like a week...and had a Mark IV at the same time. Definitely preferred the Mark IV over the KSR. For me, the KSR didn't have the low end depth that I wanted. It sounded very clear, midrangey. Here's a video of the 2 compared. That said, I no longer have the Mark IVs, either. I guess I am just a 5150 guy.

I had a KSR Orthos briefly...like a week...and had a Mark IV at the same time. Definitely preferred the Mark IV over the KSR. For me, the KSR didn't have the low end depth that I wanted. It sounded very clear, midrangey. Here's a video of the 2 compared. That said, I no longer have the Mark IVs, either. I guess I am just a 5150 guy.

I did pretty much the same thing. I had an Ares, which is a great amp, got a Mark IV, and off went the Ares. The IV definitely had much more depth, power, and aggression.

Lots of Revv “hate”. It’s not for everyone and it’s a very modern sounding amp. For me it’s like the modeler player’s dream amp. It’s got everything you need under the hood. I’m a fan, heck it’s why I bought one and it has its place.

Owned a Orthos MK2 for a bit but that voicing wasn’t my thing. Not a bad sound but not what I was going for. Next amp on my wish list is Omega but I’m not sure which one to get.

Anyone have experience with both Omega’s as far as the heavy tones go?
Cool and I am a big fan of modelers both software and hardware since I came from synth world before guitar. Now I do love my tube amps and air pushed from a real cab but the convenience, features and recording ease of hardware that makes my life way easier than having to mike up amps to an audio interface and record to a DAW presents more work. I think that the new Revv amps and also the Diezel VHX are great balance between real tubes and studio friendly features. I like the Revv Generator MK1 amp that I played a few years ago and also the Revv amp model on my HX stomp. Also love tones from ENGL amps. Wizard would be cool but 5k for a tube amp head is hard to stomach. Same with almost 5k here in the USA for a Diezel amp. I think Revv and ENGL are good balance for recording home guitarists. Just wish that ENGL would add cab models and easier recording features like a load box like what Revv is doing.

Cool and I am a big fan of modelers both software and hardware since I came from synth world before guitar. Now I do love my tube amps and air pushed from a real cab but the convenience, features and recording ease of hardware that makes my life way easier than having to mike up amps to an audio interface and record to a DAW presents more work. I think that the new Revv amps and also the Diezel VHX are great balance between real tubes and studio friendly features. I like the Revv Generator MK1 amp that I played a few years ago and also the Revv amp model on my HX stomp. Also love tones from ENGL amps. Wizard would be cool but 5k for a tube amp head is hard to stomach. Same with almost 5k here in the USA for a Diezel amp. I think Revv and ENGL are good balance for recording home guitarists. Just wish that ENGL would add cab models and easier recording features like a load box like what Revv is doing.
Great time to be a guitar player as far as amp options go. The Revv is great bang for your buck compared to amps in the same price range as well. If you liked the first iteration of the Revv then I’m sure they Mk3 would blow you away. I got mine through SW so they’ll work a deal and I think I only waited 3 months for it. Customer service is on point too.

I have a Revv Generator 120 MK3 and it has taken some time for it to grow on me. I have a KSR Gemini and, as others have pointed out, it’s got tone options for days. I loved the Gemini right away. It definitely has a polished tone to me though. Not sure how to describe it technically but it’s almost like the amp can get super angry and brutal but it’s polite about it.

I did pretty much the same thing. I had an Ares, which is a great amp, got a Mark IV, and off went the Ares. The IV definitely had much more depth, power, and aggression.
Same road traveled here.
I had the Ares, the first one with the clean mod actually, and when I compared it to my Archon I just missed some warmth, low end and organic feel in the Ares that the Archon brought. Same when compared with the Mark V.

I still maintain that the Ares is AMAZING, just not my cup of tea. It's a bit too modern and tight for me. The Archon is still my best modern/vintage middleground and takes different boosts amazingly.
Still have my KSR Ceres and Eros together with the Captor X as a live board =)

How was the clean mod? I love KSR tone but I had to choose between it or my Mark IV and the Mark IV was one of those dream amp deals plus knew I couldnt replace it as easy as a KSR. I didnt use the clean on the Orthos or any amp for that matter so I figured to go with the clean mod.

The KSR crunch is my favorite crunch outside of a Marshall.

I have a friend who just bought the Revv MKIII 120. It has a lot of options and and features so I was excited to try it. As much as it had to offer, I wasn't as impressed with the sound of the amp as I was impressed with all they were able to cram into a head...lol. It wasn't bad, It sure wasn't terrible but it wasn't amazing like I had hoped it would be. I could see people liking it and using it for a lot of things based on all it offers. It seemed to take pedals well. I didn't hate it but I sure didn't love it either. Pound for pound, options in an amp it is cool but I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be. If it did sound amazing to me it would be a hell of an amp for all it has feature wise.

I just got my new Revv Generator MkIII last weekend.
Absolutely love the amp! It sounds fabulous. I just rebiased it after a few days use and it sounds fantastic.
The clean channel is beautiful and I love the purple channel and red channels. The lower gain channel is ok. So many options with this.

I can just take the head to the gig and leave the cab at home. Talk about convenient!

For me it just works.

Last edited:
Back