Metallica "Sad but True" on Howard Stern

espquade

Not a big Howard Stern fan but saw Metallica playing and decided to check it out and really enjoyed it overall. Considering it's been 30 years since first on record I enjoyed seeing this.

These guys are beginning to run a race with Lynch to stay relevant
I would have to disagree , as It looks like they are just having fun and enjoying it and different from what Lynch is doing these days from a vastly different financial perspective I am guessing.

Sounded a bit better than the Kimmel Show. But that's not saying much. Looks like there are cables plugged in to the amp's inputs this time... but who knows.

Sounded OK at best. They have sounded much much better live. Very chuggish, slow, plodding, rectoish... meh.

PS: F-Stern... that fake sellout meeskite yenta. Go open a deli in Bensonhurst... and sell your crappy swag.

Last edited:
Man y’all are nuts… yes it’s about 5bpm too slow but who cares. You are hearing it direct right off the board, I’d bet money that sounded sick af in the room. You can hear the weight in every instrument, every drum. Guaranteed that would’ve been sick if you can get past it being slow.

The more and more years that pass, Zeppelin's decision to end it after Bonham died was perfect.

Especially since they fucking nailed it at the O2 re-union.

All these bands that just keep going and going, eventually stupid band decisions are gonna be made.
Metallica this week being just another of so many examples.

Proper ...
To be fair they've accomplished some of the best heavy tones ever recorded.
Nothing stays great forever i suppose.

I saw this aire in 1991 and was blown away because every other act on that show was lame af.

Last edited:
Back