Metallica "Sad but True" on Howard Stern

They tuned down at least a full step on Kimmel also and playing way slower. Too slow. It sounds weird. James must be having hard time vocally which is normal at their age.
Tuning down i am fine with but they slowed it down way too much.

Didn't read the whole thread.

Lars was voted best drummer in Modern Drummer Mag when AJFA came out. Yeah, he sucked for 30 years after that...but still.

My Axe-Fx sounds better than theirs. Live, Recording, Pooping, Whatever.

The more and more years that pass, Zeppelin's decision to end it after Bonham died was perfect.

Especially since they fucking nailed it at the O2 re-union.

All these bands that just keep going and going, eventually stupid band decisions are gonna be made.
Metallica this week being just another of so many examples.
Man..do you know what happened to Guns & Roses after the Appetite for Destruction record????
They finally ate..and got fat...them fat stacks!!

It's sad but true, Metallica should retire.

This is actually my dream. I love my tube amps, I love cranked up fat thick harmonic tones. But literally 90% of any gig anxiety I have ever had is due to fear of bad power/malfunctioning tubes/ crazy shit. It's sad that all these years, my performance and playing in front of people have taken a back seat in worry as compared to something bad happening gear wise. I am ready to leave it all behind.
Lol didn’t mean to like this, was trying to hit reply and totally disagree actually. Played for 15 years using tube amps and never had one die or fail on a gig. Only had issues with a 2203’s 2nd master mod not working on a foot switch because the stage voltage was too low. If I was gigging now I’d probably have some spare tubes and fuses just in case but I didn’t even use back up guitars when I was gigging either…kind of nuts but it always went fine.

Last edited:
And I'm pretty sure they didn't have Fractals in their loops in 1991. :LOL:

Doh.

dumb.jpg

That stern clip was painful for me. Sounds like they tuned down further yet James voice cracks and seems that he sings in a slightly higher pitch than he used. It seemed slow as well. I love listening to master, justice, and the black album and love watching the old clips, especially the binge and purge videos but I cant watch them live anymore. Same with G'N'R. Once my absolute favorite band and I cant watch them anymore. I saw them once back in the day and as much as I love live music, I just cant go see them again, it hurts...
Saw GnR in the early 90s and again last month. Better last month. A lot better.

That is interesting. All the clips I've seen and heard make me think the opposite. Music sounds tight but the vocals just kill it for me.
I thought the same thing but either that was a bad show or I saw a good one. I saw him in Fenway Park, music was tight, voice was different, but very few clams or signs of straining. The entire band was a mess when I saw them in Las Cruces NM back in the early 90s.

Lol didn’t mean to like this, was trying to hit reply and totally disagree actually. Played for 15 years using tube amps and never had one die or fail on a gig. Only had issues with a 2203’s 2nd master mod not working on a foot switch because the stage voltage was too low. If I was gigging now I’d probably have some spare tubes and fuses just in case but I didn’t even use back up guitars when I was gigging either…kind of nuts but it always went fine.
Just for future reference, if you click the "like" again, it will remove the like. But I am still going to retain your like now no matter what!!!!! Lol, I really didn't have too many problems with gear messing up, it was more an irrational fear. And now, knowing what those shitty clubs and venues power supply was making my amp sound like at the time..I am even more paranoid. The good places though no doubt, I loved cranking my amps up.

Back