Tube Supply and China invading Taiwan

controlled_voltage

Banned
Speculation thread:

I was gonna post it in the general off topic forum but that is such a vomitorium i thought better of it
Xi has been pretty clear that they are going to "reunite" Taiwan with the mainland by any and all means.
China has undergone SWEEPING radical changes in all strata's - finance, entertainment, military etc in the last year.
They have been more aggressive with overflights and war game trainings etc and it seems China is indeed ramping up plans for an invasion.
FUCK CHINA - I believe for once this is a topic any sane American right or left can actually agree on.
SO
if we go to war with China to protect Taiwan [every war game scenario played by the pentagon and the rand corp etc has us losing btw]
will i still be able to cop good el34's and 6550's for my beloved Marshalls?
Will Russia fill the void?
[i don't think they can right?]
Is there enough new stock and NOS on hand as is?
I have no fucking idea.

The ultimate irony being that Taiwan is the world's leading chip manufacturer and again a move by Biden that I think everyone can agree on that is smart, necessary for national security and the economy.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ip-manufacturing-amid-shortfall-idUSKBN2AO13D
what do you guys think?

I was gonna post it in the general off topic forum but that is such a vomitorium i thought better of it
I feel ya bro'. I'm gonna leave the thread here for now unless the focus shifts from the tube-supply question to an all-out political discussion.

To answer your question, I don't think there's any real need for concern. If China takes over, it's still gonna want to retain as many of the established industries and supply lines as possible thanks to the almighty dollar incentive.

My wife and In laws are from Taiwan. They are the most patriotic people i know . They love this place and 4th of July it’s so cool how patriotic they get and dress even . We are so invested in their economy and vice versa . I just hope this don’t happen because we will be highly involved in the conflict. Yes . Fuck China man

My wife and In laws are from Taiwan. They are the most patriotic people i know . They love this place and 4th of July it’s so cool how patriotic they get and dress even . We are so invested in their economy and vice versa . I just hope this don’t happen because we will be highly involved in the conflict. Yes . Fuck China man
I have been to Taiwan twice on business and I really really loved it.
I was able to get 3 days in each time just to hang and I would live there in a heartbeat.
They have run their own Democracy for 70 years and now it's at major risk.
The night market in Taipei was mind blowing.
In fact I would move there just for the food and the people.
Stark contrast to my business dealings in China as far as well...everything.
I'm praying the status quo holds out.
With India, AU Japan All of Europe and most of SEA pivoting against China it will not be as easy as it was a year ago for them to take it.

I was able to get 3 days in each time just to hang and I would live there in a heartbeat.
With India, AU Japan All of Europe and most of SEA pivoting against China it will not be as easy as it was a year ago for them to take it.
I hope your right about the pivot . These people need that help

From what Dave Friedman has said on Tone Talk I’m under the impression that China has not started production of tubes since the pandemic. Maybe only certain ones. So if China isn’t even doing it themselves now, who knows what the future will bring.

From what Dave Friedman has said on Tone Talk I’m under the impression that China has not started production of tubes since the pandemic. Maybe only certain ones. So if China isn’t even doing it themselves now, who knows what the future will bring.
Yeah, I was thinking so too.

Which is a shame, because Sino 12AX7's are my favorite.

People don't realize how much stuff is made in China. Not flags, hats, and guitars but chips needed for cars, computers, phones, alarms, etc.

Years ago, I predicted this. You don't have to be involved in a war with someone when they just need to shut down a factory.

panic-oh-noes.gif

People don't realize how much stuff is made in China. Not flags, hats, and guitars but chips needed for cars, computers, phones, alarms, etc.

Years ago, I predicted this. You don't have to be involved in a war with someone when they just need to shut down a factory.
Can't say i blame China the last asshole in charge fucked things up so good some industries have evaporated.
Used to be China was dependent on the USA for trade. Now they pretty much have figured out alternatives.
Good luck getting any one of 100 million items that used to be plentiful.
And shipping ? Used to be companies paid for shipping on certain items overseas.
Now those same companies are paying for whole container ships at a time and passing the higher shipping costs to everyone.
Its a Global economy whether folks like it or not.

I've heard Taiwan is amazing!

For years people have been too busy bickering about the elections in our country, complaining about their lives (even though they have phones, great schools, food, etc) to pay attention.

The Pacific is a powder keg right now. China already got Hong Kong back and just look at the news to see how that went. China will never change their views on Taiwan because they believe it is part of China just like our 50 states belong to the U.S.

You have these islands and resources out in the Pacific and China wants it all. This is a perfect time for all of the countries to make a stand out there. We have business dealings with China and can respect them but we should not have all chips, medications, food, etc, for our country come from a other country. That is a really stupid idea.

I've heard Taiwan is amazing!

For years people have been too busy bickering about the elections in our country, complaining about their lives (even though they have phones, great schools, food, etc) to pay attention.

The Pacific is a powder keg right now. China already got Hong Kong back and just look at the news to see how that went. China will never change their views on Taiwan because they believe it is part of China just like our 50 states belong to the U.S.

You have these islands and resources out in the Pacific and China wants it all. This is a perfect time for all of the countries to make a stand out there. We have business dealings with China and can respect them but we should not have all chips, medications, food, etc, for our country come from a other country. That is a really stupid idea.
Yes 200 million facebook followers arguing with folks they barley know and went to high school 50 years ago about who they voted for 5 years ago.
You know important life changing events. [pun]

I feel ya bro'. I'm gonna leave the thread here for now unless the focus shifts from the tube-supply question to an all-out political discussion.

To answer your question, I don't think there's any real need for concern. If China takes over, it's still gonna want to retain as many of the established industries and supply lines as possible thanks to the almighty dollar incentive.
Sorry man, I think we all just got excited. Lol

Tunes rock though, lol

Yes 200 million facebook followers arguing with folks they barley know and went to high school 50 years ago about who they voted for 5 years ago.
You know important life changing events. [pun]
We all are guilty of that unfortunately, lol. I always tell someone, if you want to really live life, put your phone down and go hike, etc. Get out in nature and avoid the news (for the most part)

Back