IIc+ pricing...worth 10k?

Not for that one. Why?

1. It's a combo. They are worth much less than the heads.
2. The cobwebs on the power tubes and chassis tell me it hasn't been serviced, let alone used in a long time.
3. Those Mesa 415 tubes are originals as well as all the filter and electro caps... which at a minimum should be replaced.
4. I hate fawn/tan tolex ugly.

I like how he says the "original 415 power tubes are going strong!"... Define "strong". You mean they didn't blow when you powered on the amp? How many other sets of 415 do you have, and what tester are you using for your baseline comparison. Tubes do not last forever. Even GE 415s... I have several new in the box matched sets.

That amp is not worth $10K.

Last edited:

Attachments

• D454E696-1F83-442C-AB20-32A5B4170E20.jpeg
    D454E696-1F83-442C-AB20-32A5B4170E20.jpeg
    392.1 KB · Views: 67
Not for that one. Why?

1. It's a combo. They are worth much less than the heads.
2. The cobwebs on the power tubes and chassis tell me it hasn't been serviced, let alone used in a long time.
3. Those Mesa 415 tubes are originals as well as all the filter and electro caps... which at a minimum should be replaced.
4. I hate fawn/tan tolex ugly.

I like how he says the "original 415 power tubes are going strong!"... Define "strong". You mean they didn't blow when you powered on the amp? How many other sets of 415 do you have, and what tester are you using for your baseline comparison. Tubes do not last forever. Even GE 415s... I have several new in the box matched sets.

That amp is not worth $10K.
The tubes were strong. Cobwebs? Really? It’s an ORIGINAL unmolested amp with probably the original tubes. If you don’t see value in that , I guess that’s your deal? I put no value in a “serviced” amp. Many amps work and sound fantastic with original filter caps. That’s a fact.

The tubes were strong. Cobwebs? Really? It’s an ORIGINAL unmolested amp with probably the original tubes. If you don’t see value in that , I guess that’s your deal? I put no value in a “serviced” amp. Many amps work and sound fantastic with original filter caps. That’s a fact.

So you already sold this amp? If so... why would you care?
Are you currently selling this amp?????

Again... define "strong tubes"?? What tester did you use to test them... and how many other sets of matched 415s were they compared against for a baseline?

Any Mesa Mark serviced by Mike B. is worth more. Period. Maybe not you, but to the other 99.9% of the amp buying public it does matter.

Tubes and caps are consumable items. They work one day, then blow the next. Filter caps and electrolytic caps on a 36 year old amp are over due for replacement. By hey, you do you.

Cobwebs. Yes... Really. The pics show spider webs all over the back panel, on the tubes, and a inside the chassis. Not saying it affects the function or worth... but it is a clear sign of not being used. And or being stored in a garage or non-climate controlled environment. Unless you live with the Adams Family or have very different standards of cleanliness than the rest of us.

I mean there’s been how many guys here alone recently that have bought one for $6k?? This one is unmolested and fully loaded, I’d ask $10k too to get it noticed and sell it for $8k

Again... define "strong tubes"?? What tester did you use to test them... and how many other sets of matched 415s were they compared against for a baseline?

Any Mesa Mark serviced by Mike B. is worth more. Period. Maybe not you, but to the other 99.9% of the amp buying public it does matter.

Tubes and caps are consumable items. They work one day, then blow the next. Filter caps and electrolytic caps on a 36 year old amp are over due for replacement. By hey, you do you.

Cobwebs. Yes... Really. The pics show spider webs all over the back panel, on the tubes, and a inside the chassis. Not saying it affects the function or worth... but it is a clear sign of not being used. And or being stored in a garage or non-climate controlled environment. Unless you live with the Adams Family or have very different standards of cleanliness than the rest of us.

If I’m spending that kind of money on an amp I’d rather it untouched and I send it in myself, much like if I was buying a vintage muscle car I’d rather have a stock motor then rebuilt even if it is by someone reputable.

I don’t care. Your right. You win. Have a great day man.

If I’m spending that kind of money on an amp I’d rather it untouched and I send it in myself, much like if I was buying a vintage muscle car I’d rather have a stock motor then rebuilt even if it is by someone reputable.
Exactly right. I’ve been in the automotive industry all my life and it’s the same as the guitar/ amp market as far as I’m concerned. I’d rather upgrade myself if I feel necessary.

Those are extremely loud amps, no way around it.
Those amps will whip a Wizards ass in the LOUD AF depot that still holds together with that gnarly
punch ..just massive.
90 watts of HELL.
Mouth For War never sounded so devasting...

Back