Sell your mark IIC+: the black album was a mark 3.

cool man. Bob rock said it was a 3. Maybe you should call him and let him know what it really was.
Well, excuse me but I'd rather trust my eyes, ears and James himself than Bob Rock.

Attachments

• 255053433_626264235192198_617402464862988176_n.jpg
    255053433_626264235192198_617402464862988176_n.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 215
Actually just the title of your topic makes me laugh... "Sell your Mark 2C+..."
Whatever u say man.. Black album was a Mark III and it was the pink stripe too...

It wasn’t what I said ultimatguitartones guy…. It’s what bob rock said. I love your butthurt though. BRO HE FORGOT SIMPLE AS THAT BRO. LOL GTFOH.

Bob could be right but most likely isn't. I'm in my 40s and can't remember certain things about my own children. Bob is around 70 and misspoke several times just in the few minutes I watched. There is quite a lot of physical evidence showing the IIC++ and Mark IV in the control room. No sign of the III. Again, its fun to talk about it but in doesn't amount to a hill of beans. 9 amps and cabs, who knows how many mics, all going thru neves and eq! You aren't getting that sound with 1 amp lol.

Bob could be right but most likely isn't. I'm in my 40s and can't remember certain things about my own children. Bob is around 70 and misspoke several times just in the few minutes I watched. There is quite a lot of physical evidence showing the IIC++ and Mark IV in the control room. No sign of the III. Again, its fun to talk about it but in doesn't amount to a hill of beans. 9 amps and cabs, who knows how many mics, all going thru neves and eq! You aren't getting that sound with 1 amp lol.

100 percent true. I just love riling up thr c+ Crowd, it doesn’t matter what forum it is, the reaction to this type of thing is always the same. And no one on earth is gonna think their 10k dollar amp isn’t good either, let’s be honest. Just interesting to watch. I still contend it doesn’t sound like a c+ amp to me at all, of course the massive post production on the album makes it hard to say. But I also think the mark amps are incredibly weak sounding, especially the C+ Soooooooo….. ( flame suit on)

I‘d have to strongly disagree with you on that. The ++ mod sounds better, and meaner than any od pedal.
My experience was when I still had the SRG C+, and the HRG C++ had just arrived. So, probably not a fair comparison since they are different models. But I thought the SRG C+ was just as aggressive with a boost as the HRG++. But the ++ had more of a low mid centric thing going on. Great amp though.

100 percent true. I just love riling up thr c+ Crowd, it doesn’t matter what forum it is, the reaction to this type of thing is always the same. And no one on earth is gonna think their 10k dollar amp isn’t good either, let’s be honest. Just interesting to watch. I still contend it doesn’t sound like a c+ amp to me at all, of course the massive post production on the album makes it hard to say. But I also think the mark amps are incredibly weak sounding, especially the C+ Soooooooo….. ( flame suit on)
Have you ever actually played a real C+? With eq, not a JP or some modeler or an emulation.
Just curious.

Even a Mark IV? I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, I have a couple Mark amps and have had them next to some pretty heavy amps (Fortin, Omega, Bogner Uber, KSR) and never had the thought they were crushed by some other amps. If anything I was always pretty amazed at how good amps that old sounded next to the latest and greatest for metal.

So that was the point of your thread? That the mark amps are weak sounding, especially the C+ ? Well unfortunately for you some of the best metal / hard rock albums were recorded with mark amps. Not liking the tone of the mark series is one thing, but claiming that the mark amps are weak sounding means you have no idea what you are talking about.

So that was the point of your thread? That the mark amps are weak sounding, especially the C+ ? Well unfortunately for you some of the best metal / hard rock albums were recorded with mark amps. Not liking the tone of the mark series is one thing, but claiming that the mark amps are weak sounding means you have no idea what you are talking about.

Not the point of my thread at all, don’t put words in my mouth homie. Your reaction and your hostility, was 100 percent the point. I needed a good laugh. Maybe some of your favorite albums were SOLELY ( keyword, by itself) with a mark series amp; I can’t think of one record I love that is solely a mark series amp: the only thing coming close to that for me is lamb of god, which sound great no doubt, but that’s about it for me.

Even a Mark IV? I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, I have a couple Mark amps and have had them next to some pretty heavy amps (Fortin, Omega, Bogner Uber, KSR) and never had the thought they were crushed by some other amps. If anything I was always pretty amazed at how good amps that old sounded next to the latest and greatest for metal.

I dig the IV, I love it’s lead tones personally no doubt. I just never felt they were all that for rhythm tones personally.

Have you ever actually played a real C+? With eq, not a JP or some modeler or an emulation.
Just curious

I have, my buddy has had one at his studio for a few months right now. I think I turned it on for 5 minutes: still felt the same way about it that I did years ago, just not into it at all. To me they are just soft, there is nothing about that amp that screams 10k, or even 2k for me PERSONALLY. People can get butthurt about that all they want, that’s cool, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but this wasn’t the point of my thread either.

Sounds to me like you started this thread just to stir up some drama, and then complain about it. Exo said it best, your thread sucks donkey balls.

That being said, I'd really like to try a IVa some time.

Back