I'm a KT88 lover so...

Chuck is smiling down upon thee :rawk:

I think this is the first clip I've ever seen from you Matt...nice job!

Funny how I'm starting a Fryette/Wizard wall of my own born of your old amps...LOL!

Thanks man. I think the last one I posted was 10 years ago. I finally logged back into my YouTube account. lol I had recorded that for a friend who wanted to hear it compared to the UL, but I think I accidentally deleted the UL video. I figured I'd post this up.

Hard to beat Fryette/Wizard.... and yes you do have 2 of my old amps. :LOL:

Thanks man. I think the last one I posted was 10 years ago. I finally logged back into my YouTube account. lol I had recorded that for a friend who wanted to hear it compared to the UL, but I think I accidentally deleted the UL video. I figured I'd post this up.

Hard to beat Fryette/Wizard.... and yes you do have 2 of my old amps. :LOL:

Fryette/Wizard are among my favorite amps ever. The articulation, speed of the attack, and dynamics are similar I think and the big part of why I'm so into them. The high notes of both are among the most open/uncompressed of any amps I've owned. They're very similar amps in the former respect, but very different in many other ways...can definitely justify owning both even though they cover similar territory.

The Fryette/VHT I've owned have offered a tremendous amount of saturation which contradicts common opinion and the "dry" descriptions most seem to have. There's also this gritty quality to the gain structure and juicy but open feel under the fingers that I love. Juicy and open together don't seem possible when you have an amp with such little compression, but to me they somehow achieve that feel. The exception to all of the former is the Series II D60 and D120 I had. They were very open and not capable of the same saturation as the older models I've owned and came off very "dry" to me. So much that I returned both within a week. Don't know what changed, but didn't like them.

The Wizards have even more articulation, similar or even more immediate attack, but differ in the low end to me. It's more of this drier & harder thud/thwack if you will vs. the slightly more round, gritty, and saturated low end response the VHT/Fryettes seem to have. Hard to describe, but easy to hear/feel in the room. Both very tight, but different in the feel & sound to me.

There's just this rock solid "quality" to the notes/tone of both manufactures that I've not heard in other amps, except maybe some older Mark series amps. Hard to describe and hate to use the "O" word, but the notes and tone just seem very organic or natural and they just breathe and pick up and express all the little nuances of your playing

I like how the open chords have that roar and the fast palm muting really grinds. I picked up my Deliverance 60 from you a while back and I have to agree about the articulation and openness - and also that I don't really get the "dryness." The D60 in particular can get pretty saturated with the more switch on and dialing in more of the Gain II knob. That articulation and punch from Wizards always grabs my attention but I content myself with the Deliverance...for now!

I really like your tone . And I love Death . This is very cool. Wish we could jam . I love playing death metal

Thanks man. Had to borrow from your thread title. lol

I'm a huge Death fan. So man killer riffs. I've been working my way through learning all their songs.

Damn that sounds godly!!

How are you liking that stealth stuffed in the corner?

Thanks man! The stealth is a pretty cool amp. It's good when I want something more dark and compressed compared to my other amps. My SLO covers it for what I like though. That SLO in the video belongs to @Flavatrocious though. Mine is a mk2...off camera.

Thanks man. Had to borrow from your thread title. lol

I'm a huge Death fan. So man killer riffs. I've been working my way through learning all their songs.
Your wizard sounds killer . I’ve had bad luck with kt88s in my Diezel , Bogner , and Satan . But it sounds amazing I’m your wizard

Your wizard sounds killer . I’ve had bad luck with kt88s in my Diezel , Bogner , and Satan . But it sounds amazing I’m your wizard

Yeah. I'd agree. Wasn't a big fan of the Uberschall Twin Jet or the KT88s in my Herbert. KT88 amps I've love are the brighter, clear, super tight amps like Wizards, Fryette, Splawn. I also had KT88s in a Driftwood Purple Nightmare and a KSR Gemini that sounded great too.

Yeah. I'd agree. Wasn't a big fan of the Uberschall Twin Jet or the KT88s in my Herbert. KT88 amps I've love are the brighter, clear, super tight amps like Wizards, Fryette, Splawn. I also had KT88s in a Driftwood Purple Nightmare and a KSR Gemini that sounded great too.
But I also know ANY Wizard will rule . I did like Kt88s I’m my deliverance best

You KT88 guys need to try KT90s....killer tube with mids like a 34 and the lows of an 88. Tried them in the D60 I had at the time and it was easily an improvement on the stock 88s...and I like 88s in that amp.

Back