Yamaha thr20II wireless

Awesome!! I have the 30 and LOVE it. Here’s a tone I came up with to play Lights by Journey.
84E63516-0732-46C4-9908-D0A88212ACEC.png

I had a katana artist 100w practice amp for about 5 months. Never found a decent tone. I plugged this thing and literally, instantly, found it. I'm not saying it's the best thing ever, but I'm certainly acknowledging that it delivers on a satisfactory level, which is way more than I can say about the katana and a load of other home practice amps I've owned

That was great! My next move is for a proper direct recording setup. That was very nice sounding!!!

Thanks man! Cool thing about the THR’s is you don’t need anything else - just plug the usb on the THR in to your computer! If you don’t have a DAW program, i highly recommend Cakewalk - it’s completely free.

So realistically, if you have a ThR and a computer with a DAW you’re ready to record :)

Thanks man! Cool thing about the THR’s is you don’t need anything else - just plug the usb on the THR in to your computer! If you don’t have a DAW program, i highly recommend Cakewalk - it’s completely free.

So realistically, if you have a ThR and a computer with a DAW you’re ready to record :)
You don't use an interface between the yamaha and PC? Wouldn't the output be improved with an interface between them? I've done many times over the years, goung direct from amp to PC, when I owned the blackstar ID, the katana, and the marshall code. The tone always sounded meh..Maybe the Yamaha will sound better? I was actually going to get a mic and an interface with it.

You don't use an interface between the yamaha and PC? Wouldn't the output be improved with an interface between them? I've done many times over the years, goung direct from amp to PC, when I owned the blackstar ID, the katana, and the marshall code. The tone always sounded meh..Maybe the Yamaha will sound better? I was actually going to get a mic and an interface with it.

No, the USB port built in to the THR's is a proper USB interface.

It would certainly be possible to run a line out of the headphone jack in to a seperate standalone USB interface, but I personally don't do that.

Another bonus of using the THR's built-in USB interface is it gives you the option to simultaneously record a DI (unprocessed) track at the same time that you record your dialed in tone - which is an absolutely killer feature. So you could dial in your best tone on the amp, record a track with it and the amp will automatically create a separate DI track as well, which you can then re-amp or apply an amp sim VST and IR's to for even more tonal goodness and variety

Back