Where do you keep your Bright knob on YOUR Wizard?

lessarti

I've been experimenting a lot lately with the bright knob, on both the MTL mk1 "C" transformer, and MC II "V" transformer I have.

I notice with the MTL the bright knob at like 3 still has such an aggressive sound, most likely due to the tranny. The MC II bright at 4 is almost perfect, MUCH smoother sounding but retains the aggressiveness.

So, I am curious to know where everyone else sets their bright knobs? , or if you have ANY interesting findings with the eq frequencies & tweaking worth sharing ?

I've been experimenting a lot lately with the bright knob, on both the MTL mk1 "C" transformer, and MC II "V" transformer I have.

I notice with the MTL the bright knob at like 3 still has such an aggressive sound, most likely due to the tranny. The MC II bright at 4 is almost perfect, MUCH smoother sounding but retains the aggressiveness.

So, I am curious to know where everyone else sets their bright knobs? , or if you have ANY interesting findings with the eq frequencies & tweaking worth sharing ?
Individual channel brights on the back of the amp? Often depends of the guitar.... Tele's I'll keep lower, usually 10:00 or less; Bucker guitars a bit more but never more than 12:00. I also runs cabinets loaded with either a Celestion Blue or a Gold and get plenty of top end sparkle there....

100w MCII V tranny...bright usually between noon-3 o'clock depending on other eq settings. That knob just adds so much articulation when you get it up to noon or higher.

Update: Experimented with higher bright knob settings and reduced pres/treb settings.
MTL mk1 bright knob at : 4
MC II bright knob at: 6
WAY more aggressive, articulate and upper high crunchy-ness, but I reduced the presence to 3-4, and treb to 5-5.5 so it is not piercing. Actually am very impressed with how this worked out, especially with the MC II! I tried throwing KT77's in the MC II and am now finding I enjoy them a lot more with the higher bright settings bringing back that sizzle.

Man I am glad to see this because I felt crazy.

Granted I am playing at bedroom volumes, on the lead channel, I CRANK the bright knob 3 o clock or high with the presence at about the same. Really brightens my Les Paul’s up and sounds really dynamic with no harshness

Back