What gear did you get for Christmas ?

Not really gear - but I did get a matching chair :D

YFkfpdf.jpg

^ you got both of those for Christmas Splawner? Wow man. Pure sex right there.

What kind of SD bridge do you have in the Charvel and did it ship that way?

There are some super nice gets in this thread.

I got a Friedman JJ Jr, ipad pro m1 and ended up returning some things so am on the prowl for something else. Probably a digital setup as much as I don't love it. Lots of like but I still just enjoy playing in the room with amps and cabs more-so.

I got this last week - should have been here by Xmas but close enough for rock n roll :) Super nice and Curt did a great job on this one. I am digging the Dimarzio Tone Zone. Never had one before but sounds great to my ear. I gigged it Sat night and it sounded great through the Morris

Chubtone 2.jpg

For me, a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound'er
Strat bridge pickup $59.+tax.
Since my son proved to himself that
he could create & carry a beat,
this experienced paralyzed me in joy,
hit me so hard as his father man,
like I had to sit down and give myself enough time to feel the magic of being his dad
(while I'm still sorta cool)...
Me & his Mother once again experienced that 'golden years as a parent gratification'
like when he learned to ride a bicycle..and f'n jump that bitch!

I got him the Roland KVX electronic drumset,
throne, sticks & headphones.
He had no idea it was coming either.

Gratified.
That’s awesome! Jamming with my son someday would bring enormous joy!

Dude…
Too many memories to type.
But I’ll add a rad moment.
Once he could carry a sorta 4/4 on the drums,
I began playing guitar with him on drums.
So I thought back when I felt that feeling of locking in the pocket with the drummer… so I just applied palm mutes with stops/stabs to lock in with him around his syncopations.
So he could hear the thwack’ on the snare in between chords & riffage’.
He lit up from ear to ear, I just kept right on it.
I also taught him “the push”, (applying the kick drum and crash at the same time).
So I was fervently strutting around the musichouse and would pull the stop and point
at him and he would immediately hit the kick & crash. So f’n rad man.
We could see each other’s short hairs standing up!
I actually felt like David Lee Roth for a moment.
The legendary call & response, etc
The Battle of Evermore is “delegating”
his computer time versus his music time.
And that is my job, to guide him through his efforts.

Last edited:
Our “Christmas” consisted of

Mesa Traditional 412
Moved into a new house
Took the kids to Disneyland
Got Covid
New camera system for the house
Diezel Herbert MKIII

I got mine as a belated Christmas gift from Sweetwater as a demo. I always wanted this model when it came out. They were all sold out and recently I got lucky when a demo popped up. I uploaded a photo from the photos Sweetwater sent me. I’ll have to take personal pics later. Overall the guitar sounds awesome through my Bogner Shiva 6l6 head and Bogner OS 2x12! My first Prestige and Bareknuckle Pickups.

Attachments

• 210001F2125541-front-xlarge.jpg
    210001F2125541-front-xlarge.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 43
I’m not passionate about music, but my dad is. But we didn’t have a lot of money when we were younger, so my dad had to get a serious job that provides a stable income for the family. He has a few musical instruments and dedicates his free time to practice his hobby. I always felt bad he couldn’t transform his passion into a career, so I talked to my mom and my siblings about buying him a special gift. My dad likes vintage instruments, so we decided to get him an electric guitar from Fender that was produced in 1965. We also decided last minute to get him a gift basket with his favorite wine and sweets and put the presents under the Christmas tree. You can visit the jetgiftbaskets site if you need a last minute gift idea, btw. He was so excited about the new guitar that he played it the entire Christmas day.

Last edited:
My brother showed up with a ltd ec-401fmv. I had found it at a pawn shop and debated getting it. He swooped in behind me a picked it up for a steal. It has a set of DiMarzio 36th anniversary pafs and sounds great. Just had to install a new tone pot

Attachments

• IMG_20221225_232512.jpg
    IMG_20221225_232512.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 37
5150IIS EL34 100W that I plan to mod to take 6550s and also de-fuzz the gain profile.

I also plan to mod it to beef up the clean channel and not make it so anemic. Still clean though.

I’m not passionate about music, but my dad is. But we didn’t have a lot of money when we were younger, so my dad had to get a serious job that provides a stable income for the family.
Do bots and spammers receive Chrissie gifts IRL bro'? :LOL:

Let's see:
Shares IP with another new member who also joined today.
Not passionate about music. WTF?
The shared-IP account posts this in a cooking thread, not that there's anything wrong with that:

JustinHartm's Sonne-Bowl with Marinated Salmon Trout & Pickled Vegetables

Show me you're not a bot bro' or you'll be out on your pickled ass. :gethim: :LOL:

I got socks and a some long John’s All I wanted. No gear. I secretly buy shit through the year so I don’t ask anyone for anything. Sadly, I’m the one who buys everything for everyone. On Christmas, I’m like “Wtf”. And that’s why I drink.

Back