Has anyone ever implied that you were not good enough of a guitar player to justify your expensive gear?

No, I don't need that. If nobody agrees with me, I'm fine with that. I'm guessing glgp80 feels the same way. Doesn't mean we can take a direct position on something
Of course not.

It's just if you're a casual hobby player who's never tried to learn guitar solos or something, or played a real gig, prrrrroooobably shouldn't be talking about how X amp sounds in a live band or for lead sounds 🤣

Edit: not saying that's who YOU are, I'm just saying in general

That I totally agree with you on.

You never met the tone dig, didja? He argued with everyone here for months, and literally wrote a book on guitar and home recording. Like on amazon and everything.

You know why he's not here? He finally posted clips of himself playing.

And its not because hes a beginner, its because hes a beginner who pretended he was a fucking expert. Enough to argue with people who do, in fact, know what theyre doing. (not just me lol)

You never met the tone dig, didja? He argued with everyone here for months, and literally wrote a book on guitar and home recording. Like on amazon and everything.

You know why he's not here? He finally posted clips of himself playing.

And its not because hes a beginner, its because hes a beginner who pretended he was a fucking expert. Enough to argue with people who do, in fact, know what theyre doing. (not just me lol)
Was the home recording book any good? I can use all the help I can get…. 🤣

Not a great driver….still really fun to drive.
5178F420-65DC-4D66-B4B6-796474870CAA.jpeg

Yeah that seems totally reasonable to me :dunno:

Honestly, less people would care if most of the "beginner gear experts" would shut the fuck up when theyre obviously out of their depth.

Theres tons of dudes I know on here who aren't pro level players or anything, but they have a couple nice amps and guitars, and you can tell they've put some serious effort into it. And they don't put on any airs about it. And i'm fine with that.

But in all seriousness, people who can't play (or cant record - some producers, engineers, studio owners have great ears) need to kind of check themselves with some of the discussions on places like RT.
Yeah that shit is particularly annoying, especially in the context of a discussion where you potentially value the thoughts & opinions of others based on their perceived experience. If you want your take on playing & gear to be taken seriously, you've got to put in some effort and years, or be completely open about how limited your real world knowledge actually is.

Yeah that shit is particularly annoying, especially in the context of a discussion where you potentially value the thoughts & opinions of others based on their perceived experience. If you want your take on playing & gear to be taken seriously, you've got to put in some effort and years, or be completely open about how limited your real world knowledge actually is.

Absolutely, and someone with limited real world knowledge could have very valuable information, could have very valid things to discuss - but they'd have to couch it in "i have limited real world knowledge" so everyone knows how to put it into context.

Was he REALLY that terrible as a player that ANYTHING he said was shit?
Rembr I’m recently returned from “100 decades ago”and CLEARLY missed some drama here…. 😄
Bad enough at playing AND recording that you really shouldnt value anything he has to say in his book, hes just a beginner basically and has no right to write a book about his "expertise." Not to say theres anything wrong with being a beginner - everyone is at some point. Just dont front about it for chasing clout.

No, I agree, a kid with no skills or knowledge with attitude is a waste of opinion and space,
But I gotta give credit to “writing a book”, even if it was all stolen info from elsewhere.. 🤣.

Having said that, I can’t get over how some of you guys are SO pissed off by a Troll like that, a kid that comes in and breaks EVRYONES balls as the “All seeing Eye” when you guys Know better.. it MUST HAVE been one HELL of a Flame war!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I'm going to answer this question with the same answer to Jimmy Pop's "you know what I really want in a girl?"

me

There's a Stuart Smalley episode in here somewhere.

I sometimes think I'm not worthy of all the shit I have but it's on those bad days where my hands forgot how to play guitar. It happens when you get old. But then there are days where they remember...and my power isn't dirty...and then all is well in the universe.:ROFLMAO:

I think that's complete rubbish. Who are you to tell anyone how they spend their time? WTF does it matter to you if someone spends majority of his/her time buying/selling gear vs practicing? Why do you care? The reality is, unless music is your income, nobody "needs" to practice more. I "need" to put food on the table, I "need" to keep a roof over our heads. Why do I have to take learning guitar seriously? I take my job that pays me 6 figures seriously. Guitar allows me to wank around every so often and not be serious. I have fun when I play and screw everyone for thinking I should treat this any differently.

I don’t give a damn what you think. See the difference of opinion here?

Some people are happy doing whatever. There are people with MS or ALS that would dream to be able to pick up a guitar at all, and people piss the opportunity away haphazardly.

Be thankful you can even hold a guitar. Have hands to play guitar. No debilitating disease to take away your ability to play guitar.

Just go play guitar. I said practice, but in general just get off the damn forums and do something productive with music other than surf aimlessly for gear that won’t make you any better than before. You’ll not fall into a merry go round chasing clout or covering up mistakes that playing productively would resolve.

Not coming to RT for life lessons. Why you feel the need to pontificate like this is beyond me, but if it makes you feel good, smart or superior, have at it I guess.
Why is saying go play guitar a life lesson when it’s a guitar forum discussing guitar?

I understand my OPINION will rub others wrong. It’s what I live by. Read it and move on if you must. I make well over 6 figures too but I still practice and play as seriously through headphones as I do through 100W and two 4x12s.

I do think keyboard warriors are common on RT. Many identify more as collectors than musicians. The former should have no say as to what gear sounds like making the latter, but the latter can discuss the former freely from experience.

It’s why I stay away from TGP.

Back