What’s wrong with my Blackback speaker?

Open the cab, check if screws are too tight or loosen, check if baskets look bent, and the wiring.

Last edited:
I know of 2 more that have orders with him. One amp and a cab. Patience is a virtue lol.
I’m good on cabs; I recently grabbed a 1988 2205 halfstack; the cab came with the early version 8 ohm Marshall Vintage speakers. Really underrated and hard to find. Sounds similar to juicier 65s.

I still have 1 of those Marshall Vintage Speakers. Love them. They preceeded the V30 if I remember right? I'm all set too, but I'm gonna keep that one!

Eric

I still have 1 of those Marshall Vintage Speakers. Love them. They preceeded the V30 if I remember right? I'm all set too, but I'm gonna keep that one!

Eric
Yep they are the first version V30….the very early ones had a vent on the magnet like a G12 65. They are killer and sound much better to me than the later 16 ohm version from the early 90s on…

Yep they are the first version V30….the very early ones had a vent on the magnet like a G12 65. They are killer and sound much better to me than the later 16 ohm version from the early 90s on…

No kidding, I'll see if mine has the vent. I used to have G12-80's with the Vent also. Thanks for the info

Eric

Too many variables to diagnose without determining which speaker and removing it for inspection. That buzz could be a tear, loose spider, loose nut, washer, split wood (remember the cabs are made of plywood), piece of dirt that is vibrating on the cone, loose dust cover, center stud piece is loose, center stud piece is vibrating against the back panel, etc, etc etc.

Back