Sleeper Amps On The Cheap!

the fender metalhead is an absolute beast that many forgot even exist let alone play. i dont know what they go for now but im sure not much. i need to do proper clips of mine

People are asking $2K+ for the run of the mill ones nowadays. Sometimes the early 2000s 3-channel ones are less expensive. Once people started talking about revisions EVERY revision became a selling point.
I bought a mk 3 for $1100 last and an early 2000s dual rectifier for $900 last year . If you look every day the deals still pop up . Especially locally . But ya the pre 2000s prices are insane now

I bought a MKIII last month from a dude in Virginia for $850 and then saw the same amp in a shop in Seattle last week for $5500. Shit is insane.
Ya fr . Send that to mike B as soon as you can . He did the ++ mod for me on it and it’s just wow . Fr you will love it ! But ya you got a great deal man. $850 ? Damn

Ya fr . Send that to mike B as soon as you can . He did the ++ mod for me on it and it’s just wow . Fr you will love it ! But ya you got a great deal man. $850 ? Damn

Eh... I don't think I would get much benefit from that for how much it costs to send the amp across the country and get hundreds of dollars in work for more gain or whatever.

never looked twice at those. just listened to some clips. shit.....

the clips im watching on youtube now are all hideous, this one though you can kind of hear its brutalness. ive been meaning to shoot it out with my two channel triple rec which seems to be the vibe they were going for, its got a tight orange channel and looser red channel like the recto.

I Love my Peavey Triumph 120 Combo . I got it back in 2010 for $200 on CL . Had it worked on by a pro who replaced some caps and re tubed & he put some custom spring tube stays in ,as the thing is such a little beast it was vibrating the tubes loose. did the EQ mod also. It is one of my favorite amps I've ever owned & I'll never sell it !

Attachments

• 457556_10200180981518406_1189006622_o.jpg
    457556_10200180981518406_1189006622_o.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 21
My ampeg v50h is another, it’s just a 50w el34 nmv plexi type thing that sounds amazing, great clean platform and cranked it sounds like the filmore in 69, used to be able to find them for under $300

AmpegV50H.jpg

Eh... I don't think I would get much benefit from that for how much it costs to send the amp across the country and get hundreds of dollars in work for more gain or whatever.
To each their own but it definitely made it way better to my ear . Mike serviced it all too and his work just shines

the clips im watching on youtube now are all hideous, this one though you can kind of hear its brutalness. ive been meaning to shoot it out with my two channel triple rec which seems to be the vibe they were going for, its got a tight orange channel and looser red channel like the recto.

that's the exact clip I watched.....

i snagged an old school carvin xv112 combo with el34's off craigslist for $100 bucks recently. It was a crazy story, original owner played it less than 8 hours and then quit playing guitar and put it back in the original box and put it in storage until a few months ago when I grabbed it. It was like a time capsule. had the box, invoice, original tubes still in it. Thing sounds fricken great , it's uglier than shit with the grey carpet but otherwise It's a cool amp !

Madison Divinity II and Divinity III

Stay away from the divinity I, it’s a total POS reliability wise from what I know.

Back