Wizard amps

I love the sound and build quality of my Wizards, but jeez.....the ugliest most awkward looking head shells of any amp I've ever owned.

And that stupid looking Wizard emblem. The only other I dislike almost as much is that big stupid looking "Z" on Dr Z amps.

But yeah.....depending on who you are, they grow on you after a while.

Definitely an acquired taste.

I dig the lil side handle scoops on the Wiz headshells
As ugly as they are, I prefer the side openings to a handle. Nothing to fail or wear out. The side cut outs might have a convection cooling effect too.

Ugly, but with a pragmatic and utilitarian beauty all their own.

I thought the same thing when i saw wizard amps. Krank was worse than Dr z for me. But my wizard has the smaller logo. not that i really see it. I haven't had it in the headshell in over a year.

Attachments

• 277115319_343070337793306_2814311475493456806_n.jpg
    277115319_343070337793306_2814311475493456806_n.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 29
  • wizard.jpg
    wizard.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 38
I thought the same thing when i saw wizard amps. Krank was worse than Dr z for me. But my wizard has the smaller logo. not that i really see it. I haven't had it in the headshell in over a year.
Indeed.

They grow on ya after a while.

I kept my KT150 out of the shell for a while. I thought the blue glass KT88's looked cool.

Yeah.......I know. What a stupid thing...but there it is.

z21LJDB.jpg

cuIVcQ4.jpg

Indeed.

I kept my KT150 out of the shell for a while. I thought the blue glass KT88's looked cool.

z21LJDB.jpg

cuIVcQ4.jpg
Looks sweet . Best part is it’s gold for the ears

Indeed.

z21LJDB.jpg

cuIVcQ4.jpg
those bottles look amazing. I ordered some blue glass tubes myself. I know....sold by the gimmick. I am not ashamed. Now i just have to see how long it takes before my nonblue glass wear out so i can put the blue ones in.

those bottles look amazing. I ordered some blue glass tubes myself. I know....sold by the gimmick. I am not ashamed. Now i just have to see how long it takes before my nonblue glass wear out so i can put the blue ones in.
I can't believe what the asking price is for quad of new KT88's. Not that I need any at the moment. Maybe the price has come down. Last time I checked randomly was a year ago.

Your Wizard has the larger logo.

Edit: or did you mean in comparison to the Krank

I think Matt and his friend uberschall34 should be the Wizard Ambassadors of the Southwest US.

Those guys have some serious Wizard hardware.

Probably some of Rick's best customers.

Are the headshells made of titanium? I’d have no problem screwing a handle into a wooden headshell. I really like the peavey 5150 handles as they lay super flat.

I like to wrap my fingers around the tone holes of my Wizard. ;) ….. His amps are heavy, I kinda like the side grips. Most of the time I carry my Axefx to band practice though. I’m getting tired of carrying any tube head to a 2 hour practice anyways. Once in a while is nice for the wow factor.

All I know is Rick and Hermansson are going to be the guys taking all my money lol .

Hermansson is the dude. Can’t wait until he gets his amps out!!

I’m sure someone has already said this, but, I don’t want a handle, bro, I want to get a wizard and send it to Billy bladez for the cup holder mod and then electrocute the shit out of myself. I will be rocking so hard that even when I start emitting smoke from every part of my body including my flaming head, that I continue rocking.

Back