• Thread starter Deleted member 43831
  • Start date
IMO you made the right call.

One of the really nice things that drew me here is the lack of outrage posting/shit posting. It is a differentiator and part of what drew me here as when I decided to leave TGP. The “I am outraged and YOU SHOULD BE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!” crap gets old quickly.

Th OP brought a shitty dynamic that you don’t see much here.
I for one, and offended.......AND outraged that you're not outraged. :LOL:

IMO you made the right call.

One of the really nice things that drew me here is the lack of outrage posting/shit posting. It is a differentiator and part of what drew me here as when I decided to leave TGP. The “I am outraged and YOU SHOULD BE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!” crap gets old quickly.

Th OP brought a shitty dynamic that you don’t see much here.
Same. Since I've been back visiting forums this thread was the only instance I've seen tbh.

I get it, you need thicker skin, is this your first day on the internet? Blah blah, that shit gets old. It isnt 2009 anymore.

Same. Since I've been back visiting forums this thread was the only instance I've seen tbh.

I get it, you need thicker skin, is this your first day on the internet? Blah blah, that shit gets old. It isnt 2009 anymore.
I think the problem the OP has is precisely that HE doesn’t have as thick of skin as he might want to believe.

People like this guy always come off as wanna be influencers to me. Feels like a really akward attempt to be relevant and move people. If he was any good at it he’d be doing the influencer thing on tik tok for $$$$.

I think he would have been received differently if he had come in with some witty snark rather than forceful outrage.

Last edited:
FWIMBW I don't think he should've been banned. I've looked through his post history and see nothing ban-worthy.

Free speech guys. It'd be hypocritical to ban someone 'cause we don't like what he's saying, with the exceptions of physical threats and overt racism of course (our policy).

I respect and therefore don't override other mods' decisions, but it wouldn't surprise me if Steve reverses his decision. It's up to him of course.

FWIMBW I don't think he should've been banned. I've looked through his post history and see nothing ban-worthy.

Free speech guys. It'd be hypocritical to ban someone 'cause we don't like what he's saying, with the exceptions of physical threats and overt racism of course (our policy).

I respect and therefore don't override other mods' decisions, but it wouldn't surprise me if Steve reverses his decision. It's up to him of course.
Pfft. I've been banned for less. Lol

I do agree with your post but doesnt affect me either way. I just assumed off topic section is where the riff raff belonged.

Thread delivers.

Fractal? Yeah. There are 1000 reasons why your Axe-Fx doesnt sound like your Engl/Friedman/Boogie/Wizard. It's like any other piece of gear. We are fans/fanboys/cultists because the box gets better weekly. It's a cool ride. And I'll put my Axe rig against any rig on the planet. I love it that much. Is it 100% plexi? Nah. Is it 100% brutal? yes.

As far as 'free speech'...

LOL

Free speech is only guaranteed by our constitution. You can go shout anything you want in a public square. You can't be prosecuted for speech by the government unless it breaks another law.

Forums and Social Media is another story. The ruling bodies of each website get to decide whatever they want. If you get banned from Truth Social for saying BLM! dont be surprised.

OK, I'll do it. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I hear ya bro'. You know me; I'm the King of Unnecessary Headaches™ and will take one for the team if necessary. :LOL:

Sleep well man. May your dreams be spam-free. :cheers2:

Reactions: Geo
Free speech is only guaranteed by our constitution. You can go shout anything you want in a public square. You can't be prosecuted for speech by the government unless it breaks another law.

Forums and Social Media is another story. The ruling bodies of each website get to decide whatever they want. If you get banned from Truth Social for saying BLM! dont be surprised.
A close friend of mine owns a newspaper here is town. He talks a lot about 1st amendment issues. His take: “Freedom of speech does not guarantee freedom of repurcussions for that speech”.

He says he can publish “The mayor sucks” as a headline and rest assured that the city cannot jail or litigate against him for that speech. The city however can pull their advertising from his paper and he would have no recourse. They could also withold access to staff members, making his job of covering city business more difficult. They could refuse to issue press credentials to him. They also could stop inviting his to city events. All legally.

The way he explains it, the 1st amendment is supposed to protect citizens and the press from the government using the courts as a weapon to suppress free speech. Now given the thought policing we are seeing in the US, even that is on shakey ground.

Given the rule of Rig-Talk is fairly wide open free speech, ifsomeone wants to be a dick we can ignore or be a dick right back at them… so long as we don’t issue physical threats or hurl racial epitaphs at them.

What I think is really interesting is that with such an open policy, RT does not have much abuse of that freedom. The lack of abuse of this freedom also makes it stick out like a sore thumb when someone does.

Last edited:
A close friend of mine owns a newspaper here is town. He talks a lot about 1st amendment issues. His take: “Freedom of speech does not guarantee freedom of repurcussions for that speech”.

He says he can publish “The mayor sucks” as a headline and rest assured that the city cannot jail or litigate against him for that speech. The city however can pull their advertising from his paper and he would have no recourse. They could also withold access to staff members, making his job of covering city business more difficult. They could refuse to issue press credentials to him. They also could stop inviting his to city events. All legally.

The way he explains it, the 1st amendment is supposed to protect citizens and the press from the government using the courts as a weapon to suppress free speech. Now given the thought policing we are seeing in the US, even that is on shakey ground.

Given the rule of Rig-Talk is fairly wide open free speech, ifsomeone wants to be a dick we can ignore or be a dick right back at them… so long as we don’t issue physical threats or hurl racial epitaphs at them.

What I think is really interesting is that with such an open policy, RT does not have much abuse of that freedom. The lack of abuse of this freedom also makes it stick out like a sore thumb when someone does.
Well-said GG. :rock:

I read over both threads quickly and assumed it was an alt of your buddy....:emofag:

if not-I apologize SKU....
I'm pretty-sure he's not an alt of our beloved Donnie bro'.

If he is, we all know he'll give it away 100% before too long. :dunno:

Indeed Brother Dan.

On this customer-loyalty thing:

It's a part of human nature to want to belong. Once we feel an affiliation, objectivity is compromised by design. This has been proven many times scientifically. It therefore takes a conscious effort to remain objective.

I understood the OP point right away. It was a valid topic to discuss.
Everyone is a fan of something/somebody. I will defend Elvira and Morgan Fairchild rabidly(cause I'm a perv).
And I have gear I fucking love almost as much...to the point of objectophilia....my Marshalls and Ultralead (fap fap fap)
He just bowed up right away,and that is the WRONG thing to do to this crowd.

I understood the OP point right away. It was a valid topic to discuss.
Agreed mate.

When I saw this thread I immediately thought of the super-fast-growing (at the time) thread about the Quad Cortex over at the Kemper forum a while back. IIRC it started over a year before the units hit the market and many peeps not only sang its praises but plunked good money down for it not even knowing exactly when it would be available.

^ Like clockwork. I don't get it ... why would you insult a person over a company. makes no sense to me. Sign of the times I guess.

well 1 and half pages in and the only "sign of the times" i see is some idiot on the internet expecting me to agree with a general statement he is making, without any context whatsoever

do companies not bend over backwards for the consumer, yeah. would it be nice if they did, yeah. do i defend companies - sometimes -- but ONLY when its apparent the complaining party is a moron with unreasonable expectations.

do i think its weird that some guys "white knight" for their favorite brands? yes. but im also used to it now. ive been on the internet for more than 3 minutes......

Back