Fortin TS-9 2nd run is live.

Just figured I would share. I know a majority wont be interested but maybe a few of you guys. I couldn't resist.

So I had the 33 and hated it but when I saw Fortin's post I checked out Godlyke page. The top review mentioned how it doesnt cut the low end which is what I hated about the 33.

Went to check out a couple of videos, Kyle Bull and Killertone and that review seemed to be accurate so I ordered. Figured worst case I can get my money back. Or flip like everyone else.

Just figured I would share.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220809-140701_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-140701_Facebook.jpg
    978.9 KB · Views: 52
What couldn’t you resist?? Is the blue LED that cool?? Lol
It was blue 😍😍

Nah the videos sounded great, reviews about keeping the low end and people selling them on Reverb for $350-$400 all played a factor. I doubt I'll have trouble getting my money back if I dont like it.

It better outdo my SD-1

Just figured I would share. I know a majority wont be interested but maybe a few of you guys. I couldn't resist.

So I had the 33 and hated it but when I saw Fortin's post I checked out Godlyke page. The top review mentioned how it doesnt cut the low end which is what I hated about the 33.

Went to check out a couple of videos, Kyle Bull and Killertone and that review seemed to be accurate so I ordered. Figured worst case I can get my money back. Or flip like everyone else.

Just figured I would share.
Its the best of the Fortin mods. I regretted selling mine, and grabbed another. For $229, it's a no brainer. It's a punchy pedal.

That said, I'm REALLY digging the Flux Drive I just got. Not sure the TS9 will bump it off the board.

Its the best of the Fortin mods. I regretted selling mine, and grabbed another. For $229, it's a no brainer. It's a punchy pedal.

That said, I'm REALLY digging the Flux Drive I just got. Not sure the TS9 will bump it off the board.
Do you have the one with eq? Looks interesting, I need to stop looking at pedals :p

I thought you were talking about the Fortin TS808 but I just got the email for the next batch of the TS9s.
Most reviews I’ve seen people prefer the previous TS9 and complain the 808 is way over gained.
I wasn’t going to buy either but I thought I better try it out at least. I have the Hex drive but it seems more modern and missing that typical tube-screamer give/bounce.
I’m an SD-1 man, but have to try it.

Definitely not a Fortin fanboi but I tried a friend’s Fortin TS9 and it definitely is a great pedal. Just got the Fortin 808 and to me it’s a touch better in the mids. It’s a keeper.

I thought you were talking about the Fortin TS808 but I just got the email for the next batch of the TS9s.
Most reviews I’ve seen people prefer the previous TS9 and complain the 808 is way over gained.
I wasn’t going to buy either but I thought I better try it out at least. I have the Hex drive but it seems more modern and missing that typical tube-screamer give/bounce.
I’m an SD-1 man, but have to try it.
The TS808 was crazy output, which to my ears suffered from a lack of clarity. Did not like.

The Hexdrive definitely has more clarity, but if you get too crazy with the tone knob, it introduces that Fortin metallic clank, (which I find unpleasant). That said, backed off, it's a great pedal.

I’ve said it before. I tend to hate the other Fortin stuff, but his TS’s are the one thing he got right. Like any pedal you gotta find the one that fits well with your amp, but with my Bad Lander it’s easily been the best boost I’ve tried for it (and I even have an orginal silver klon fwiw). I have 2 of the 808 ones and sold off my 2 OD9 versions. Some prefer the OD9’s since they have less gain, making them easier to use in most amps, but through my BL and other amps I’ve got the extra gain is ok and the added aggression, grit, punch and mids of the 808 version vs the OD9 make it well worth it through my amps over the earlier OD9 versions. Nothing else I’ve had has the aggressive, juicy mids of these Fortin TS’s and I’ve been through now over 150 different Boost type pedals

Back