Any of you guys ever deal with "Ishibashi" in Japan

Dealt with them once. Super legit. Japanese take pride in instruments and gear. It is bred into them to be honest and follow rules so when it comes to business. it's all going to be legit. Fast shipping too. I have mucho respect for these shops in the Japan. Have ordered from other sellers and shops too without any issues.

Shipped Tuesday arrived Friday. I held off 24hrs paying the duty fee which was eventually removed. So, probably could have been delivered Thursday.

Last edited:
Midwest. It came on US soil in Ohio. DHL is great. On time, even when I delayed paying. Even gave me a delivery timeframe window once out for delivery. Then how many stops driver had closer to that window. You could actually pull up the driver's location in reference to you once given the link.

Anybody know what the deal is with finding the exact same guitar, same pictures, same serial number, same background in photos........but at several different prices, and from various sellers, in Japan ?

Do they "sub-contract" their sales, somehow ?

Kind of a business practice there. Middlemen lists the same guitar for hundreds of dollars more. Mine was listed on Ishibashi and by a handful of middlemen. Buy direct from Ishibashi. You are taking a risk buying from a possible shady middleman and paying more on top of it.

Midwest. It came on US soil in Ohio. DHL is great. On time, even when I delayed paying. Even gave me a delivery timeframe window once out for delivery. Then how many stops driver had closer to that window. You could actually pull up the driver's location in reference to you once given the link.
Same exact time frame for me. Tuesday purchase @6pm; got here to Wisconsin that same Friday @3pm.

Anybody know what the deal is with finding the exact same guitar, same pictures, same serial number, same background in photos........but at several different prices, and from various sellers, in Japan ?

Do they "sub-contract" their sales, somehow ?
These Jap ebayers see the same guitars in a store; they all list it for around the same price. You buy from one of them; at the same time another buys it from a different seller. Whomever gets to the store first is the winner and ships to the buyer; while the slower re seller has to tell the buyer it's out of stock.
I have purchased 4 others this way and never had an issue however. But best to buy from the original store if possible.

I appreciate it guys.

The same exact pictures was throwing me off, but it makes sense, with the same background being from inside of the store.

Sounds like I need to check out the Ishibashi site !!!

Back