How Old are Ya Guys?

Was reading a thread earlier. Said Lot of us live in nostalgic mind frame.
I’m 51. So yeah I’m gonna be a 70s 80s guy.
Barely know anything from the 90s on up.

Just want some feedback. Not saying nothing bad came from 90s plus.
Any one can post for sure. 4 year old child to 100 year old.

Just curious on folks ages.

Interesting this thread. I always thought places like TGP was made of more older players. Apparently places like TGP have a lot more younger players than Rig Talk. Just a broader range of age and types of music they are into. The attitude many have here makes a lot more sense in this respect.

I just turned 54. I was a teenager in the 80s when the girls were all dolled up and the white powder was cheap! :) I was raised and weaned on 60s, 70s and 80s rock. In terms of "new music" I checked out totally right after Pearl Jam, STP, AIC etc. Since then I have literally been drawn in by only two bands: Shinedown and Volbeat. Yes, I am a total dinosaur! Vinyl records, prefer a landline phone etc. :)

I just turned 54.......... Yes, I am a total dinosaur! Vinyl records, prefer a landline phone etc. :)
Nothing wrong with an "old soul" as some say. I've got 10yrs on ya. Just turned 64. It's not a badge, it's only a number. 11 of my friends have died since 2019. Most were younger than me by a few years at least. I could be next in the near future which is why I look up to give thanks for all I have everyday when I think of it. I deserve none of it and very fortunate for what I'm allowed here on the planet.

1. I still hear the magic in vinyl and tape and still prefer it over the jizzless chystalline perfection of digital audio. But I truly believe in first impressions and making do with what's at hand.
  2. I still miss the times before the proliferation of electronic gadgetry's garbage that has pervaded modern virtual audio and visual reality.

• Back before the masses were able to buy smart phones and post every god awful amount of drek on you tube.
  • Back before online forums or chat rooms when you either met and discussed in person (in person where you can make eye contact, shake a hand, observe body language), or over the wired phone.
  • Back to a time when you had to pay for ads in a paper that made you think a little more before you spent your $$$ doing so, vs the "free" mindless, moronic clap-trap in Craigslist, Facebook, Reverb Nation, Bandmix...et al, etc.
  • Back to the times when people actually sat down and learned the material they were going to gig, vs using their digital crutches like set list helper and similar applications on the goddamned phone or tablet! Live is not in the studio. You don't read standard notation, or play in a fucking orchestra or jazz lab band, at least I don't. (I have played in a high school lab band back in the day, but so what?) BFD I use the number system too and circle of fifths on occasion, but only as a tool and not something to spout off to people because it sounds cute, or want to impress your peers with something they probably don't understand anyway. LEARN THE FUCKING SONG WELL ENOUGH TO WHERE YOU'RE NOT CONSTANTLY LOOKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO FOLLOW INTO IMMINENT TRAIN WRECK!!!!! RHYTHM SECTION GODDAMNIT!!! THIS ESPECIALLY MEANS YOU!!!!
  • Back when live performances were more organic with all the attitude and spirit you could stand, and great drummers were just that and didn't need a god damned "click track". WTF!?!.....they were the click track!!

Was reading a thread earlier. Said Lot of us live in nostalgic mind frame.
I’m 51. So yeah I’m gonna be a 70s 80s guy.
Barely know anything from the 90s on up.

Just want some feedback. Not saying nothing bad came from 90s plus.
Any one can post for sure. 4 year old child to 100 year old.

Just curious on folks ages.
31 Years old but looks like 25 lol

49-yr old here. Definitely a child of the 70s and 80s. Funny thing is, as much as I love the music I grew up with, I can’t help but constantly explore new ways to create high-gain rock/metal sounds that are more contemporary.
Probably partly due to being 18-ish at the time, however the biggest musical shockwave I remember is around 1991…Facelift, Badmotorfinger, Nevermind, and the infamous Black album. Man, that was a great time in music for me.

48 here. Grew up on Lynch, DeMartini, & Halen with a healthy side of Page.

I keep a low profile online, so it'll take years to hit 48 posts, let alone 50.

Back