Pink Taco V2

Have you tried a V1? Just curious if you thought it was too dark? I don't hear the darkness in the YT vids I see/hear.
Played yes. I did find it kinda dark, enough for me not to buy the amp.

YouTube videos can be very deceptive, especially the “professional” ones. I love Peter Thorn and the dude who does the official Friedman demos…but id like to see how much post processing goes into what we’re hearing.

I’d trust the kid in his bedroom with an iPhone more if all I and was YouTube videos for reference.

It’s same issue I have on my Smallbox.

The plexi channel is good/great. The BE side is darkish, wooly and way too smooth. I’m selling it for that reason.

My Germino lead 55 is a better “plexi” to my ears.

A brighter Friedman is interesting to me however…

Last edited:
Played yes. I did find it kinda dark, enough for me not to buy the amp.

YouTube videos can be very deceptive, especially the “professional” ones. I love Peter Thorn and the dude who does the official Friedman demos…but id like to see how much post processing goes into what we’re hearing.

I’d trust the kid in his bedroom with an iPhone more if all I and was YouTube videos for reference.

It’s same issue I have on my Smallbox.

The plexi channel is good/great. The BE side is darkish, wooly and way too smooth. I’m selling it for that reason.

My Germino lead 55 is a better “plexi” to my ears.

A brighter Friedman is interesting to me however…

I don't know about the Pink Taco, but my BE100 (2016) was also darkish and smooth, but if you cranked the treble and the mids it could sound really bright too. The Akira Takasaki settings.

I really loved that it could go both ways and still sound amazing either way.

ugh. they had an open box V2 at musicians friend.

now, could i get more off a new one w next weeks black friday coupon? yes. but they are sold out right now.
so when i asked when MF next shipment would arrive they said LATE JANUARY....

so yeah, the open box one is en route! :)

ugh. they had an open box V2 at musicians friend.

now, could i get more off a new one w next weeks black friday coupon? yes. but they are sold out right now.
so when i asked when MF next shipment would arrive they said LATE JANUARY....

so yeah, the open box one is en route! :)
Dang that long?

I asked the catalonian guitar dealer (from Barcelona) about the PTV2 and he told me it was 2/3 months of wait because they are making them on the go.

So end of January makes sense.

I don't know about the Pink Taco, but my BE100 (2016) was also darkish and smooth, but if you cranked the treble and the mids it could sound really bright too. The Akira Takasaki settings.

I really loved that it could go both ways and still sound amazing either way.
Akira Takasaki settings? I'd be interested in that... searching now!

Just talked to Sweetwater and they’re saying that they’ll have a “bunch” in next week.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
Wonder what discount they will give? I always find MF gives better discounts.

Akira Takasaki settings? I'd be interested in that... searching now!

If I remember correctly, it was basically cranking the middle and treble.

You needed a little bit of volume on the amp to work, probably at least at 2. It sounded amazing.

For Sweetwater, all you have to do is ask if they'll match GC 15% off or pretty much any other online retailer and they'll make it happen.

Could the Pink Taco V2 be the most aggressive production Friedman?

🧐
Mine sure is. I sold my Runt 50 the same day my V2 showed up. These stories of not enough gain or too bright have to be total newbie, or user error. Sure, they're bright, but nothing a treble knob won't fix. Not enough gain? Shit, it's got more than the Runt, and boosted, it's downright nasty.

Mine sure is. I sold my Runt 50 the same day my V2 showed up. These stories of not enough gain or too bright have to be total newbie, or user error. Sure, they're bright, but nothing a treble knob won't fix. Not enough gain? Shit, it's got more than the Runt, and boosted, it's downright nasty.
Is it JCM 800 2204 bright?

Back