Mesa Boogie - Current Market Buzz?

Mark 3 has 2.5 channels.
Mark 4 has 3.
Mark 5 has 3 - each with 3 modes.
Mark 7 ???????????

What's the chance they go overboard just because?
Really thought with Neural doing the new IIC+that maybe there was some sort of backroom deal with
Gibby cause they were going to do a genuine IIC+ re-issue and there were co-marketing possibilities.

Last edited:
My bet is the new Mark will be very feature laden. Probably a very updated mk5 type amp with multiple wattage settings, channel modes and likely IR loading capabilities.

I honestly don't really care if it is simple or feature laden, so long as the actual "Mark" settings sound and feel killer. In all the previous Mark's, the lead channel was the crown jewel of the amp; I did not feel that was the case with the Mk5.

So, on the gear page, multiple people are insisting they have inside info and that Mesa is going to be releasing the Mark VII, not the Mark VI.

We’ll see if they skip a number. I can’t imagine how it would be a good idea for Mesa to do that, but there you go. That’s the rumor.

That's what @stephen sawall said a while back. That the VI was a prototype that went to a handful of artists. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not lol. He did "leak" the Cali Tweed and Fillmore amps a while before they came out, saying that Mesa's next amps were going to be simple non-metal focused.

They could also consider the JP to be the Mark VI. I guess we'll know on March 6th if they post a new amp or a JP.

My bet is the new Mark will be very feature laden. Probably a very updated mk5 type amp with multiple wattage settings, channel modes and likely IR loading capabilities.

I honestly don't really care if it is simple or feature laden, so long as the actual "Mark" settings sound and feel killer. In all the previous Mark's, the lead channel was the crown jewel of the amp; I did not feel that was the case with the Mk5.
In the end though, simpler always=better tone. Looking forward to what they come up with. It'd be nice to know even a little about the few Mk VIs that went to artists....

It was a rumor and there was no Mark VI at all in the rumor.
The info I got about the amps a few years ago came from a conversation I had with Randall. The recent rumor did not. But someone that has been involved indirectly with Mesa for decades.

I thought the rumor was hysterical so I put it up for entertainment. I'm not holding my breath. But Randy did tell me the next Mark would be out in about five years six years ago. I have never known any builder of amps or anything else to be very accurate with time lines.

In the end though, simpler always=better tone.

One of my favorite Boogies.

MesaSubwayRocket.jpg

I would like to see the entire Mark series from the 80s reissued... MK-2 and MK-3. And even better, just like they did the Santana, they should do Signatures amps too, with my vote for Hetfields amp reissue of Crunch Berries representing the MK2C++ and the Sykes representing the MK3 Coliseum from the Whitesnake 87.

I haven’t read this whole thread so sorry if I’m restating something but I have intel on this.

It’s the Mark VII. Yes, you read that right: 7.

I know this because I just bought one from Sweetwater. They have four coming in: two white and two black. I bought the first black one. Price is $3699.

I don’t have any other info other on features specs, etc other than that they’re in stock at SW and mine is shipping express Monday.

Looking forward to seeing what they release!

Always great to see some new amp buzz in the marketplace!

Same. It’s always a great time when landmark amps like this come out. A new Mark is a big deal.

At the same time, a lot of us are also waiting for the big reveal of the next Bogner Uber.

Waiting for the official press release is half the fun. Feels like Christmas around here or something.

Last edited:
"Ch. 1 = Clean, Fat, or Crunch
Ch. 2 = Fat, Crunch, or Mark VII™
Ch. 3 = Mark IIB™, Mark IIC+™, or Mark IV™"

Midi included. Mark VII mode is modern high gain

Source: not me, someone who claims to have one in stock.
I'll bite...

If true, why the MKIIB mode? I don't exactly hear very much praise, let alone demand for that model anywhere in the real world or the forums.

Also, is Mesa really that hellbent on bringing back the IIC+ mode that not 1 single person, other than their own staff, proclaim it is a spot on recreation of that amp on the MKV? In fact it was the opposite. Mesa is very well aware of the complaints and blowback that got from that to the point of them getting upset and politely telling their customer base who defied it to fuck off.

I have to call BS on this. I know its not you Candiria, its from your source. But still. Seems far fetched.

I'll bite...

If true, why the MKIIB mode? I don't exactly hear very much praise, let alone demand for that model anywhere in the real world or the forums.

Also, is Mesa really that hellbent on bringing back the IIC+ mode that not 1 single person, other than their own staff, proclaim it is a spot on recreation of that amp on the MKV? In fact it was the opposite. Mesa is very well aware of the complaints and blowback that got from that to the point of them getting upset and politely telling their customer base who defied it to fuck off.

I have to call BS on this. I know its not you Candiria, its from your source. But still. Seems far fetched.

I used to have a Mark IIB years ago. I liked it a lot. I like later Mark amps more but it was a great bridge between the Mark I, which was super raw, and the smoother IIC models.

I think the only reason it's not more popular was because it wasn't singled out and highlighted in any albums where some guitar hero used it.

I'll bite...

Mark IIB makes sense to me because it's essentially like the Mark I mode on the V. A looser, smoother lead sound that you wouldn't use for rhythm. I hear you on the IIC+ mode. They also have an entire amp based on the IIC+ now though, so we'll see.

I love that channel layout though. Clean, crunch, and high gain available on 2 channels.

Mark IIB makes sense to me because it's essentially like the Mark I mode on the V. A looser, smoother lead sound that you wouldn't use for rhythm. I hear you on the IIC+ mode. They also have an entire amp based on the IIC+ now though, so we'll see.

I love that channel layout though. Clean, crunch, and high gain available on 2 channels.
Thing is, which version 2B? I've had 3 2B Coliseums, and one HRG combo. There were 3-4 preamp board revisions and I can tell you from experience, the very last one the RP9C is every bit as tight as a C+ or a 3. The earlier ones were loose like you say.

Rocked a regular 22 previous to the Subway.
I gigged a .22+ through a lee jackson era ampeg 4x12 with g12-75, I still have the cab. That amp combo just sounded so great. I had an awesome stage volume, feedback control..but I did run through el84...but they were so cheap then so who cares. I want another .22+ again more than any other amp. Imagine if Mesa re-issued them. Hmmm

It’s great & all that we’re gonna have a likely a “from concentrare” oj quality reissue of the c+, 2b, iv, etc in one amp (maybe Tropicana), BUT the real question is what is this Mark VII mode on the 2nd channel supposed to sound like? Something new & interesting maybe?

Back