New Wizard Model: Hell Razor

Lots of good ones to list, but most are hard to get your hands on...a few would be....

Side Project...Derivation, BBT
Three Floyds - Marshmallow Handjee (BA Vanilla Dark Lord)
Angry Chair - BA Adjunct Trail, BA German Chocolate Cake
Toppling Goliath - KBBS, Assassin
Hill Farmstead - just about anything they brew.
Anchorage - A Deal With the Devil
Perinneal - BA Abraxas
Cigar City - Double Barrel Hunahpu

IPAs - Alchemist - Heady Topper, Parish - DDH Ghost in the Machine, IPAs from Tree House, Great Notion, Other Half
Have you tried Westvleteren 12? It's the rarest and probably best of the Belgium styles, if you're into that. I am into that.

That's my impression of what the Uber Ultra is. The HR does the clank thing too, but it can be dialed out if that's what you want.
The Uber ultra you can dial the clank thing in or out. Capable of an absolute shit ton of sounds. The different switches wildly change the amp tones. Most of the people that are reviewing the amp really have not done it justice and aren’t metal people.

Lots of good ones to list, but most are hard to get your hands on...a few would be....

Perinneal - BA Abraxas

IPAs - Alchemist - Heady Topper, Parish - DDH Ghost in the Machine, IPAs from Tree House, Great Notion, Other Half
Thanks! Notes taken!

Perinneal - BA Abraxas

I brewed a beer at Perennial back in the day, a huge barleywine. Had Cory King's first Berliner he released. The cherries for Black and Wild came from my friends backyard. I have had every beer on that list I think. I got out of the rare beer game awhile back though. Got too crazy, too expensive, too much of everything. I feel like everything became way too hyped. Too much bad beer, mediocre shit flooded the market. $22 4 packs of garbage Hazy IPA that taste the same as everything else. These days I am happy with a nice fresh Pils over anything. My go to is still, and will always be Two Hearted.

Last edited:
Have you tried Westvleteren 12? It's the rarest and probably best of the Belgium styles, if you're into that. I am into that.

Many times. I'm not into Belgian Quads all that much though. I do still have a bottle in the fridge that I've. been aging. Probably 8 or 9 years old at this point. I should crack it open soon. I do have a nice Westvleteren 12 chalice glass to drink it from. lol

I brewed a beer at Perennial back in the day, a huge barleywine. Had Cory King's first Berliner he released. The cherries for Black and Wild came from my friends backyard. I have had every beer on that list I think. I got out of the rare beer game awhile back though. Got too crazy, too expensive, too much of everything. I feel like everything became way too hyped. Too much bad beer, mediocre shit flooded the market. $22 4 packs of garbage Hazy IPA that taste the same as everything else. These days I am happy with a nice fresh Pils over anything. My go to is still, and will always be Two Hearted.

Nice. That's a killer brewery. I have some of their stouts in the fridge right now. Beer/brewing is my "other" hobby when I'm not playing guitar. Though it's been a long while since I've brewed. Too much beer on hand to be making more.

nobody is forcing anyone to buy it

you think you could get a friedman or whatever for the same price they sell for today if Dave was actually building them. You pay a premium because if the guy building it. Whether or not that is of value is subjective. He gets what the market allows him to get.
Indeed. Price a new build Bludotone High Plains Drifter; $9,900. Brandon (think that's the builders name?) has people waiting several months on these and other builds.

This. My last MTL I got a few weeks ago took 13 days from order...on a Saturday... to Receipt on a Friday 13 days later.
Wow! Only 13 days? I remember waiting 4 to 5wks on my last ones. That was a few years back though during the dysfunctional supply chains/pandemic days though.

But I believe you Matt.

I absolutely HATE the Fortin clank thing. Really doesn't work with the way I play at all. The couple Fortins I played both seemed to have that ultra filtered, exaggerated hi-mid thing that gives that clank.

It also makes me anxious about the Uberschall ultra I have been waiting for; if that is a clank machine, it will be up for sale in a hurry!

With the Hell Razor or Wizards in general, I really wouldn't worry.....while they have a signature punch and response, they are insanely versatile and capable of a pretty large tonal palette. With mine, I can go from head splitting bright, up front and aggressive to chewy, dark and huge....and that is just a W800 model, one of Wizards simple amps. With the Hell Razor, I am betting you can dial both the feel and tone to be anything you want!
The HR doesn’t clank, it’s percussive and aggressive, best metal amp I’ve played.

Back