Michael Schenker has been playing a Gibson this past week

I’m pretty sure his Gibson Vs have always been dot inlays for the most part
Yeah, but his Dean's look bad ass. that Gibson looks like a cheap Import model..

nzddwmkwhbydqwuzk7yx.jpg

The only Marshall I've ever owned. Bought in '98. MINT. Paid $400. Had to sell it. Still miss it. Supposedly a not cool amp. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to fall in love with it.

Someone tell Schenker he's using a lame amp. LOL
It’s not lame if it’s the Marshall logo on it!!!!

The only Marshall I've ever owned. Bought in '98. MINT. Paid $400. Had to sell it. Still miss it. Supposedly a not cool amp. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to fall in love with it.

Someone tell Schenker he's using a lame amp. LOL
Great amps. I have an 86 2210 at the moment; the one that got away was a particularly killer 87 2205 that was a perfect modded Marshall tone with the channel vol/gain on 10. Museum condition too. Sold it to fund one of my SLOs. Ugh.

Great amps. the one that got away was a particularly killer 87 2205 that was a perfect modded Marshall tone with the channel vol/gain on 10.

Yup. Mine was an 87 also. Sickest Marshall tone I've ever heard was my stock 2205 hooked up to one my friend's Marshall 4x12's. (I don't remember which specific cab it was.) No pedals or other tone shaping devices. Guitar/cord/amp/speaker cable/4x12. My jaw hit the floor when he hit the first chord. When he played the bridge pickup, it was Van Halen 1 meets the Black album. Neck position was greazy AF. Just insane. The guitar was a Japanese Alder body Fender 21 fret rosewood fretboard Strat with the traditional bridge with bent steel saddles and a DiMarzio DP193 Air Zone in the bridge slot and DiMarzio DP403 Heavy Blues (NOT the DP409) in neck and middle.

Last edited:
He should just go back to playing the black/white edwards he is known for from the early MSG era. Killer guitars. As much as I love Gibson history, Schenker sounds and plays better on his Dean V's. That was very apparent in these clips to me as a "UGE" MSG fan.

BTW a little tip off to me with regards to legal issues, is the fact that the MSG banner has the headstock crudely taped to make the white V headstock vs the Dean V headstock. Very telling

Reorganizing my basement at the moment ao crap all over but here is my Edwards. No logo on headstock, I'd think gibson always would have done their logo.

Attachments

• 20231203_155046.jpg
    20231203_155046.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 36
Back