My story of Trace Davis and Voodoo Amps (spoiler, I'm not stoked)

Just play it but if it ever fucks up replace the board and take the gooped one and put it in a box and shit in it for a week. Then send to Trace Davis Oh I see it doesnt work , time to take the first dump

Ya know I actually learned my lesson on modded marshalls alongtime ago. Thanks to Lee Jackson for an amp that sounded pretty damn good enough until he got his hands on it and my $400 in1982 which was more than i paid for the fuckn amp.

Trace modded my single recto. It's cool. This was 10 years ago. I haven't looked for goop. I still have the amp and it rocks.

Ya know I actually learned my lesson on modded marshalls alongtime ago. Thanks to Lee Jackson for an amp that sounded pretty damn good enough until he got his hands on it and my $400 in1982 which was more than i paid for the fuckn amp.
There’s been a lot of improvement in Marshall mods since Lee Jackson. There are some great sounding modded Marshalls these days.

I’ll remove the ink-stamped values on some key components in my amps. But I’d never think of using any type of goop.

I once owned a Voodoo modded 5150
It sounded kinda drab honestly. Sent it to Jerry FJA amps. He laughed and said he would get it sounding right. Wasnt pleased he had to pick thru the ‘voodoo DooDoo’ but said he done it before. I got it back it was kick ass. Got another FJA Dual rec. sold the Peavey to a good friend here.

Black silicone? Or black epoxy?

Cameron was awful about using epoxy that would harden rock solid. The shit had to be frozen and chipped off by owners.

Black silicone however isn’t anywhere near as bad, it can be peeled off usually.

Someone needs to find that Cameron amp where he sprayed the whole inside with a can of red spray paint 👀😂
That was the 'Afterbirth' mod....lol
Pretty sure Steve K coined that term...RIP

Back in the day he had a mod for dozens of amps. I always felt that there cant much to it cause must have been a cookie cutter one size fits all mod?

Well shit….I dropped off at triple rectifier at VooDoo back in 2006? and picked it up a week later. Sad to see things have gone downhill.

I wonder if Trace picked up a pain pill habit or something after the back problems. I know from experience it ain’t hard to do!

Either way it sucks to hear because I enjoyed visiting the shop and talking to Trace. The mod was nice too!

Well shit….I dropped off at triple rectifier at VooDoo back in 2006? and picked it up a week later. Sad to see things have gone downhill.

I wonder if Trace picked up a pain pill habit or something after the back problems. I know from experience it ain’t hard to do!

Either way it sucks to hear because I enjoyed visiting the shop and talking to Trace. The mod was nice too!
No, he’s just a cunt.

He just bragged about teching for Tool on his social media.

Get one of those headfirst boards Im sure its better than anything that dicks ever done
Headfirst boards are awesome. I've used the st1 board many times and those first couple amps I didn't use the best of techniques when soldering but the fucking thing still worked and sounded great. Jason doesn't just grab PCB's to sell he actually uses the same ones so he doesn't skimp.

I shipped Voodoo my jcm 800 to have him do a bunch of mods to. Told him i wanted high gain modded Marshall tightness . This was around 2000. After a couple months i got it back and it didnt really sound different than stock...no extra gain . Was not fkn happy !!! My buddy sent his Jmp-1 preamp for the $$$$ Platinum mods and it didnt really sound any better than stock .

Back