Ever been ripped off selling/buying gear online ?

Ever been ripped off selling/buying gear online ?

• Total voters
I've been lucky but I've seen some good people get royally shafted.

Do you guys remember that old school HCAF dude xixixiwiwi, something like that? I know his name was Roland and he bought a recto and got a box of floor tiles...
Oh man, I remember that. I felt so sorry for him because he was such a good guy, and hooked people up on awesome deals all the time.

Been doing internet deals since 1999. Burned on a return, but not a bad burn. Guy tried asking for a refund before I shipped the guitar claiming he needed the $$$ back for repairs. Informed him I wasn't a shop and couldn't refund for that reason. Later claimed I misrepresented the neck size, and forced the return thru paypal, in spite of me providing proof.... I remember that xixixixwiwiwiwiw guy, as well as Vince Scamerise, or whatever his name was. I consider myself lucky!

Been doing internet deals since 1999. Burned on a return, but not a bad burn. Guy tried asking for a refund before I shipped the guitar claiming he needed the $$$ back for repairs. Informed him I wasn't a shop and couldn't refund for that reason. Later claimed I misrepresented the neck size, and forced the return thru paypal, in spite of me providing proof.... I remember that xixixixwiwiwiwiw guy, as well as Vince Scamerise, or whatever his name was. I consider myself lucky!
LOL! Vince Savansvere aka Dave Mustaines personal guitar tech.

Exactly! What a clown that guy was! If he was here, he would threaten to sweep kick me in face!
Don't worry, we are safe. He's currently working on the set of Cobra Kai season 4, teaching them all proper karate technique (He invented the term "Sweep the Leg, Johnny!" Also he does all of the shred guitars for the soundtracks.

They were ceiling tiles. The guy was supposedly selling stuff from his studio and was selling Rectos for like $500 (or something stupid cheap). He sold like 10 amps and shipped ceiling tiles. He then tried to say the shipping company stole the amps.
Right!! There were a bunch of people that got hammered. I dont remember how that ended up

LOL! Vince Savansvere aka Dave Mustaines personal guitar tech.
Be careful, he'll sweep kick you in the head 🤣🤣🤣🤣 dude claimed to be a NYC cop, a hells angel, mustaines roadie etc... I met him once at a NYC guitar show and he tried to sell me a crap Jackson with a busted headstock that he tried to deny and hide from me.

I believe he got busted on impersonating an officer, unregistered guns etc and did some time

They were ceiling tiles. The guy was supposedly selling stuff from his studio and was selling Rectos for like $500 (or something stupid cheap). He sold like 10 amps and shipped ceiling tiles. He then tried to say the shipping company stole the amps.
God, I remember that whole fiasco.... the pics were unbelievable

I was one of the first to buy something from Vince Sansevere (sp?). When I ignorantly tried to resell part of the guitar, the buyer noted the issue. I refunded and got the guitar body back. I didn't end up out much money in the end. It was more of just a load of BS on things. He got weirder later.

I brought it up on JCForum while everyone still liked him there, but it was only months later that things went south.

Not ripped of per se, but I bought two vintage guitars from a US dealer many years ago. I'm outside of the US so shipping was expensive and returns are not possible. Both had undisclosed issues, and I felt ripped off. Live and learn, I should've asked for more photos and details, they were light on both.

Anyone remember the dude who told everyone how he would buy USA strats, take the pickups out and replace them with cheap ones and return the guitar? He thought it was a great idea lol

Back