Wtf Seriously?

What's up with these people giving pedal reviews and they don't know how to use the pedal ?

I see the same thing with amps. ..... and pretty much everything else on YouTube.
I don't expect everyone to be Phil X.

The host is a typical whinny Millenial. I've been back n forth over the last few years watching his uploads. Content is good, but he's annoying at times.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re good musicians and Ty has a good voice. I like power metal but have always found their stuff to be very forgettable songwriting-wise and thematically as cheesy as it can be, but not really in an ironic way, more in a “I love DragonCon and have a wall full of Funko Pops” kind of way.
true...it's kinda cheesy comedy.

This thread is very 4Chan.
And i'm all up for it.

Found this yesterday from the finnish equivalent of 4chan:

1650564683409.png

Found the redditor.
I'm not defending Reddit. I'm defending rock and metal. That ass clown doesn't represent relevance. The lack of commercial success Glen Fucker has proves that. The studio I'll visit next week just produced an album that charted by a band called Midnight; a band that doesn't "appeal to soy milk chugging Redditors." There is a lot of rock and metal out there that is still kicking, and none of it is reaching the charts because of Glen Fricker.

Glen would probably be a decent guy when he’s not on camera but tends to speak with authority on shit he does not know. Like not understanding why tubes should be matched and thinking it’s related solely to sound, completely negating things like voltage ratings and current draw. I’d be interested in seeing him stick a groove tubes #1 and #10 in an amp and see how that turns out.

I watch his videos on and off. Some are good. Haven’t watched very much lately. Couple things that really turned me off:
1 - he did a video competition 2 years ago and never announced a winner, not sure what happened. Maybe lost the sponsors, but could have met the obligation with something else or at least just named a winner.

2 - he drifts into political talk which is something I don’t care to hear at all when I’m watching gear/guitar related videos.

I was going to make a post about this similar shit... this crap cluttering up my youtube searches. I'm so sick of these assclowns with thumbnails of stupid faces looking like their about to blow out an O-ring with a massive BM. And even if they did have decent content I don't want to be yelled at the whole time or have to strain to hear the "whisper vocals". These lumps of human excrement are blocking me from finding legitimate videos.

They me be okay people in person and I completely get why they're putting out this garbage. If you want to get to the top of the algorithm and attract more views to get paid as an influencer you're kinda forced to do this horse shit. Then again, having to resort to these tactics points to your legitimacy in your field. If you were worth a hill of beans you could put stuff out and people would seek it without you having to be a screaming fuck face or having some sort of gimmick. Plus you'd probably be too busy gigging or recording to put out 10 videos per day.

*Edit* To be clear my comments aren't pointed at every youtuber, just assholes like Glenn Fuck and Rhett Shill. There are a select few that put out a decent amount of content, but aren't annoying as fuck or need to catch views with some sort of gimmick. The cool kids should know who they are.

Last edited:
Back