'72 Marshall Super Lead '68 Specs + Variac

I'm fighting a lack of it sounding anywhere near as good as Eddy's does here. I have the Suhr Reactive Load and old Super Leads so I don't think there is anyway of tapping it off of the amp and before the load.
I always mix two different mics. Mostly a 57 and R121 or a 57 and 421. On the 57, I mostly put it 15-25% off-center and 0-10% distance. On the R121 mostly 0-10% off-center, and on the 421 mostly 5-20% off-center. It's to make the top end nice and smooth and if I'm missing some presence after that, I just use the exciter to dial some of the top-end back in.

I'm fighting a lack of it sounding anywhere near as good as Eddy's does here. I have the Suhr Reactive Load and old Super Leads so I don't think there is anyway of tapping it off of the amp and before the load.
I don't know why but using a Suhr Iso line out box plugged into a second speaker jack on the amp (with load box connected to the other speaker jack) sounded better than using the line out from the load box.

I don't know why but using a Suhr Iso line out box plugged into a second speaker jack on the amp (with load box connected to the other speaker jack) sounded better than using the line out from the load box.

Those are my findings as well.. people say the load effects the tone anyway and I am sure that is true BUT I think for sure I am going to get the closest tone I can to the amp but tapping off the speaker jack before it hits the load. Taking it from the load means you are grabbing it post the active circuit in the load ( unless I am mistaken). It has to though because there is a difference in the tone that I clearly am not imagining if others notice it too.

As mentioned above you could use Suhr ISO line out or use a Torpedo CAB M so you don't have to dial it up on the lap top. Load your IR's the way you want them with the app on the phone and play with the mic positions and then save it. I am using the Friedman IR's right now through CAB M and they are pretty kick ass. I set mine similar to EddyLenz. When you want to track , fire it up and go.

A cheaper way to do this would be take it from your amp into a MOOR CAB IR loader and then into Suhr Reactive Load.

I always mix two different mics. Mostly a 57 and R121 or a 57 and 421. On the 57, I mostly put it 15-25% off-center and 0-10% distance. On the R121 mostly 0-10% off-center, and on the 421 mostly 5-20% off-center. It's to make the top end nice and smooth and if I'm missing some presence after that, I just use the exciter to dial some of the top-end back in.
My two fav mics as a combo as well

Back