Hermansson Mod

FYI the Marshall mod doesn’t need a boost at all, and most overdrives are too much with it, but if you hit it in the front with a good EQ as a boost it reacts verrrry well. I am using a Boss GE10, basically just to add a bit of extra bite, then you can dial in the tightness how you want it afterwards.

Anyone have an idea of the wait times ? I was on the list last year then got lost in transition, back confirmed on the list in April , but haven’t heard anything back

In all the Hermansson clips I hear tightness and other good stuff going on, but it always sounds hollow to me on the chords (like ah incomplete growl). Did you find yours to be that way at all in person? Still curious to try one eventually
I don't think there was any hollowness in the tone or the mids but a lack of depth and complexity perhaps due to its too fast and thrashy nature if that makes sense. Think of how sterile and soulless vht / fryette can be for example ...they honestly remind me of solid state Randall's. Sometimes there is a lot of magic that happens in that little bit if give and extra sag giving it more time to produce some fullness and 3d complexity. Not too mention much more huge and percussive palm mutes \m/
Hope that helps and sorry for taking 6 months lol

Depth, complexity and sag aren't missing, not even a bit, on the 5 Gain Stage Hermansson that I got. It has the depth and complexity that my CCV and Larry amps does, and it's low end it's even bigger and fuller than my previous VH-4. Biggest palm mutting of every amp I own. One of the best sounding, most versatile and efficient amp I've ever heard in person. And I've heard/own quite a few of them. His own design 4 channel amp will be, if anything close to his 5 gain stage mod, one of the best amps ever made.

Depth, complexity and sag aren't missing, not even a bit, on the 5 Gain Stage Hermansson that I got. It has the depth and complexity that my CCV and Larry amps does, and it's low end it's even bigger and fuller than my previous VH-4. Biggest palm mutting of every amp I own. One of the best sounding, most versatile and efficient amp I've ever heard in person. And I've heard/own quite a few of them.
I agree . I have one as you know . It’s may favorite now . I have wizard , Diezels , Bogner … so on . I’m super happy and feel the amps tone is so good naturally that now I dial in all my amp better because of Hermansson.

Bumping this one

Considering having him work on my Tremoverb - I love that amp when boosted and cranked, and when the humidity and temperature are just right, and....haha

you get the point. That amp (and my last Recto with and without mods and to a lesser degree, my Mark IV) were great amps but they are so temperamental and love/hate for me. The Tremo is absolutely huge and crushing but it's not always instant gratification like some of my other amps.

Wondering if the Hermansson circuit would basically turn it into a different amp altogether or if it would retain the big recto vibe but just be more controllable and tight.

I will mention when I had a modded rectifier by Hermansson it was very fizzy. I ultimately didn’t like it and sold it. But very tight.

The marshall mods I had of his was much more me.
I have a similar mod and I do not find it any fizzier than a normal rectifier (tested against multi and badlander), where did you run your global presence/depth he added?

I much prefer the mod versus the stock rectifier

NOTE: it did not like my greenbacks cab but loves my Mesa oversized

Last edited:
Bumping this one

Considering having him work on my Tremoverb - I love that amp when boosted and cranked, and when the humidity and temperature are just right, and....haha

you get the point. That amp (and my last Recto with and without mods and to a lesser degree, my Mark IV) were great amps but they are so temperamental and love/hate for me. The Tremo is absolutely huge and crushing but it's not always instant gratification like some of my other amps.

Wondering if the Hermansson circuit would basically turn it into a different amp altogether or if it would retain the big recto vibe but just be more controllable and tight.
IME It was a major improvement and kept what I liked about the rectifier, it also made the gain more useable.

Hey @Smashedguitarist , did you get your Hermansson modded amp?
I got mine about three weeks ago and could not be happier with it. It's probably the amp that surprised me the most!
I was expecting a great amp for metal, but not only it's even better than what I expected it be for metal, it also kills on classic rock and hard rock stuff. I can literally nail early Slash tone (AFD) with my Les Paul.
Henric work is the best I've seen, and his customer service is beyond fantastic.
I'm still going to do a small review of my amp sometime soon, but feel free to PM me if you need more info regarding the amp.
This is the amp:

Thank you!
I would imagine you're ordering a Dino or a PMM from Larry, correct?
You will not regret either amp.
I can only compare them on build quality. Henric work is as good as the work on the three Larry amps I have.
Regarding the tone, Larry amps sound like a Larry amp, while the Marshall that Henric modded for me sounds like a Marshall, but a lot better.
The Hermansson Marshall I got sound like, with all the switches, it feels like the pots go to 30, instead of 10. You can shape it with a much bigger boost or cut on the controls with the use of the switches. They really make the controls much more effective.
Plus, contrary to what I was expecting, the amp doesn't feel stiff at all. It plays as easy as my Dino and my CCV.
The great thing about dealing with Henric is that he didn't flake, lie or misrepresented his amp or mod at anytime. He has the most straight forward, honest business I've had the pleasure to deal with in quite a long time.
You have 3 Larry amps? Which ones? And a CCV? Is there anything higain at all you don’t have?! Can you please adopt me? lol

You have 3 Larry amps? Which ones? And a CCV? Is there anything higain at all you don’t have?! Can you please adopt me? lol
I do have a CCV. Love them. I think I've been pretty much all set on amps. I still want a Hermansson 4 gain stage Rectifier and one of his own line amps. His stuff sounds insane!
Sorry, I no longer comment on the other brand.

I do have a CCV. Love them. I think I've been pretty much all set on amps. I still want a Hermansson 4 gain stage Rectifier and one of his own line amps. His stuff sounds insane!
Sorry, I no longer comment on the other brand.
Oh I already read some on the topic, sorry to bring back bad memories.
Hermannson has his own amps? Can you tell me more? And what mods he does? I couldn’t find any complete info. Even about which amps required as a base.
And what about that adoption part? :D

Back