Look, another new Metallica song "Screaming suicide" RED MEAT!! Go attack them guys... lol

The logic is that when you call this a “troll thread” because most people here don’t like Metallica‘s new direction, you’re effectively saying that Metallica is beyond criticism and everything they do must necessarily be great, and that nobody could actually think their new album is anything less than great, so obviously anyone saying they don’t like it is just a “troll.”

Then you sarcastically said “grownups in the house” as if it’s childish to not blindly worship something just because of what it is, when that is one of the most childish thing you can do, which you did by writing that post.

That’s why people are making fun of you. You’re white knighting for the band in an obvious way while offering nothing of substance to show anybody any alternate opinions. Instead you just go for vague, lazy personal insults to anybody who would dare to not like the thing you like.
....and?

Me if I was present for pre-production: "Hey guys, remember that song you just played? Yeah? How about, let's not remember it, and pretend this never happened."

The logic is that when you call this a “troll thread” because most people here don’t like Metallica‘s new direction, you’re effectively saying that Metallica is beyond criticism and everything they do must necessarily be great, and that nobody could actually think their new album is anything less than great, so obviously anyone saying they don’t like it is just a “troll.”

Then you sarcastically said “grownups in the house” as if it’s childish to not blindly worship something just because of what it is, when that is one of the most childish thing you can do, which you did by writing that post.

That’s why people are making fun of you. You’re white knighting for the band in an obvious way while offering nothing of substance to show anybody any alternate opinions. Instead you just go for vague, lazy personal insults to anybody who would dare to not like the thing you like.
sorry but it is very clear that this thread was only started to get the same old trolls to come out and say "Metallica sucks" "they were way better when only I listened to them" etc .. and without fail the same people felt the need to jump in. Why do people feel the need to comment on a band they don't like? is life so boring for them they just have to do "something" to make themselves feel better? are they still hanging on in hope the one day Metallica will find magic in a bottle and make Puppets 2?? Are they personally offended by "their" band changing? .. now thats "blind worship"

Here's an alternate opinion ... Kill em all sucks as a record but a few of the songs are great, Lightning/puppets/Justice are awesome thrash albums, the black album is a fantastic heavy metal record and everything after the black album has been boring .... but these 2 new songs sound quite refreshing to me

sorry but it is very clear that this thread was only started to get the same old trolls to come out and say "Metallica sucks" "they were way better when only I listened to them" etc .. and without fail the same people felt the need to jump in. Why do people feel the need to comment on a band they don't like? is life so boring for them they just have to do "something" to make themselves feel better? are they still hanging on in hope the one day Metallica will find magic in a bottle and make Puppets 2?? Are they personally offended by "their" band changing? .. now thats "blind worship"

Here's an alternate opinion ... Kill em all sucks as a record but a few of the songs are great, Lightning/puppets/Justice are awesome thrash albums, the black album is a fantastic heavy metal record and everything after the black album has been boring .... but these 2 new songs sound quite refreshing to me

The thread was started with a half joking title because there's a new Metallica song. That itself is news. It's exciting because Metallica is objectively the most popular heavy metal band to ever exist and for most of us, they have shown themselves to be capable of making great records.

There are plenty of people (me included) who are always happy to hear new Metallica stuff and to even root for them putting out great music because of how great they have been in the past, but who also think the new music is just bad. Not "bad for Metallica" or "people would like it if Metallica's name wasn't on it" but simply disappointing and uninspired altogether no matter who made it, full stop. I don't care that they got popular. I don't care how many pairs of $600 Gucci sandals they bought to wear in their limos on the way to the recording studio. I care about whether the music that comes out of my speakers is good. In this latest case, it's just not. The band is making boring, forgettable music with cringy lyrics, weak ass riffs, and even weaker ass guitar tone, wrapped up in otherwise very slick production. And it's perfectly valid to think that.

The reason we all form opinions about Metallica now isn't because we just can't accept that Metallica has changed, it's because Metallica is big enough that their releases are always newsworthy events, for better or worse. The fact that people come out to voice their negative opinion doesn't make them trolls and it doesn't mean they still live in their mom's basement hoping for the "good old glory days" to come back. It's just something to talk about that most everybody knows will be relatable in some way or another to everyone else in the community.

Last edited:
The thread was started with a half joking title because there's a new Metallica song. That itself is news. It's exciting because Metallica is objectively the most popular heavy metal band to ever exist and for most of us, they have shown themselves to be capable of making great records.

There are plenty of people (me included) who are always happy to hear new Metallica stuff and to even root for them putting out great music because of how great they have been in the past, but who also think the new music is just bad. Not "bad for Metallica" or "people would like it if Metallica's name wasn't on it" but simply disappointing and uninspired altogether no matter who made it, full stop. I don't care that they got popular. I don't care how many pairs of $600 Gucci sandals they bought to wear in their limos on the way to the recording studio. I care about whether the music that comes out of my speakers is good. In this latest case, it's just not. The band is making boring, forgettable music with cringy lyrics, weak ass riffs, and even weaker ass guitar tone, wrapped up in very slick production. And it's perfectly valid to think that.

The reason we all form opinions about Metallica now isn't because we just can't accept that Metallica has changed, it's because Metallica is big enough that their releases are always newsworthy events, for better or worse. The fact that people come out to voice their negative opinion doesn't make them trolls and it doesn't mean they still live in their mom's basement hoping for the "good old glory days" to come back. It's just something to talk about that most everybody knows will be relatable in some way or another to everyone else in the community.
Great post :2thumbsup:

There are plenty of people (me included) who are always happy to hear new Metallica stuff and to even root for them putting out great music because of how great they have been in the past, but who also think the new music is just bad. Not "bad for Metallica" or "people would like it if Metallica's name wasn't on it" but simply disappointing and uninspired altogether no matter who made it, full stop. I don't care that they got popular. I don't care how many pairs of $600 Gucci sandals they bought to wear in their limos on the way to the recording studio. I care about whether the music that comes out of my speakers is good. In this latest case, it's just not. The band is making boring, forgettable music with cringy lyrics, weak ass riffs, and even weaker ass guitar tone, wrapped up in very slick production. And it's perfectly valid to think that.

Yep, you pretty much hit the intent behind why i bothered to create this thread... the title is clip bait-y because that is what people seem to like to do on their thread titles a lot over the years.. I called it what it is, ANY time Metallica comes up, red meat thread.

And you absolutely are correct, I don't give a fk if they put out Puppets or ST Anger. For the love of god put GOOD stuff out and GOOD EFFORT.

To me a lot of the frustration is the lack of effort to SELF REFLECT and analyze stuff they do. We all have opinions, deal with it and contribute to the thread.

well theres your problem .. clearly the thread title was not "half joking" it was trolling because the OP wanted to stir shit

Back