New Charvel Day..

napalmdeath

Ok, don't laugh.. I've been very critical of Charvels, having gotten a few that were just plain turds, with the exception of a used one I got from Marshallmel on here that I should have held onto..

Fast forward, I saw this one brand new for $799, and I've always had a soft spot for this color, ever since they came out a few years ago.

Bottom line, it's flawless. No sharp frets, I got super low action after a set-up with 010's, the Floyd 1000 is as stable as could be, no wonky fine-tuners, (which isn't a Charvel issue, but a roll of the dice with any 1000-series). I did a nice polish on the frets smoothed out the fretboard and it's buttery smooth.. The Distortions kill through the Pink Taco V2.. I couldn't put the damn thing down, played it for hours. Only thing I'm going to do to it is drop some noiseless HD springs in it, they're a little clanky, but tuning stability is rock solid. Plus, I do that to all Floyds anyway. I like the feel of them as well.

20230125_204554.jpg

Yeah - that’s just plain cool. I could see it with a white lil’ 59 in the neck and an LP style 3 way toggle, but those kinds of tweaks are both cheap and easy once you've got a great feeling neck, a great sounding body, and solid hardware. What a score for $800.00!!!

Great deal on that one and cool vintage colour..close in spirit to one of Mick Mar's main guitars. Like it. Floyds can be finicky beasts, I find myself always having to nudge the fine tuners after some aggressive bombs. Hence the reason why I hate the locking nut.

Great deal on that one and cool vintage colour..close in spirit to one of Mick Mar's main guitars. Like it. Floyds can be finicky beasts, I find myself always having to nudge the fine tuners after some aggressive bombs. Hence the reason why I hate the locking nut.
Hmm...something is wrong with yours then....Try new lock nut plates maybe? If it's going out of tune, there's a slip somewhere.....

Hmm...something is wrong with yours then....Try new lock nut plates maybe? If it's going out of tune, there's a slip somewhere.....

Yeah, it's over 10 years old now I think and possible I have a slip at the nut and should also check the neck bolt tightness. I have locking tuners though on it though so you'd think in theory they would assist in stability. Once I get my snake Charvel back I am going to take it through the paces. I just feel like maybe I don't have luck with floyds because i have always found myself having to tweak those fine tuners. Maybe I tend to pull up slightly before dropping and if there is no trem stop to prevent upwards motion, tuning can suffer. But then I think guys like Dime abused it in both directions so I don't know.

Nice guitar OP. I have a '17 in snow white. My Floyd comes back to zero every time after thunderous repeated dive bombing. I need to tighten up my springs. When doing double stops the fixed string dips considerably flat. Enough where I can't compensate. Floyd's are finicky little mechanical devices. Took me a while to get it dialed in so I've been reluctant. These guitars are pure rock machines. Love the necks.

I like it a lot it looks great hopefully it plays just as good! I would like to get in on the wager on how long before we see it in the classifieds🤣🤣🤣🤣 I kid hopefully it's a keeper for you

Great deal you got on that axe! Love that color. Looks a lot like my old Strat.

The stark white pickguard against the faded body color looks odd to me. It’s still badass though.

On a side note……you guys talking about Floyd’s and talking about “divebombs” is goddamn hilarious every time I read it!
Is that really a thing people do now,or should I say still?????
😎😎😎😎

Great deal you got on that axe! Love that color. Looks a lot like my old Strat.

The stark white pickguard against the faded body color looks odd to me. It’s still badass though.

On a side note……you guys talking about Floyd’s and talking about “divebombs” is goddamn hilarious every time I read it!
Is that really a thing people do now,or should I say still?????
😎😎😎😎
Its a gloss vintage white finish.

And, yes, divebombs, and pull-ups are part of the game. I Gary Holt the fuck out of a Floyd.

Cool to hear, I tried the light weight $1.200 guitars after trying one at 2020 Namm and it sounded so thin it was ridiculous. I still have a Satchel one that sounds good but the frets are not comfortable to bend notes on

Looks great. I like to get on of these snad turn it into a three single strat.

Before spending money on different springs, I use rubber bands folded in half and cut to size for the floyd springs. I've been doing this for 30 years without issue and the springs are silent. Costs pennies.

Back