Current Production Amp that gets closest to the Cameron Aldrich Mod?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
Important take aways from this thread-

1- Dino made his 2nd intelligible post in a week. He either got hacked or he got his hands on some really good blotter.

2- If your send your money, amp and crack rocks to Mark you might end up playing in a Tool cover band…

iu

iu

:dunno:
Lol what I’m the hell is that?

The Aldrich mod is a JCM800 with plate-driven tone stack, using the free cathode for a 4th gain stage. The rest of it is typical Jose mod stuff like raised V1a plate resistor, bright cap, blah blah blah. Literally any amp tech who knows how to wipe his own ass can do it. That said, the closest "production" amp I've played would be the Fortin Cali.

The Aldrich mod is a JCM800 with plate-driven tone stack, using the free cathode for a 4th gain stage. The rest of it is typical Jose mod stuff like raised V1a plate resistor, bright cap, blah blah blah. Literally any amp tech who knows how to wipe his own ass can do it. That said, the closest "production" amp I've played would be the Fortin Cali.

My biggest takeaway from this thread is that I should get into building Amos, I’ve already informed my wife.

She asked I just keep the life insurance policy paid up…

Jokes aside, I actually am going to start tinkering and learning

All I can add is that Cameron modded a Blankenship gutted and hand wired 1959 SLP for me that I went and picked up from him when he was living in the storage unit in Van Nuys, and it was absolutely mental. Its the amp in my signature. JB called me up and offered me like $1500 for it, and I had to you know have a JVM Marshall and could always get another one from Mark, so yeah sold an epic Cameron to JB so I could buy a JVM. That's all I got.......

:ROFLMAO: :rock: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::doh::doh::doh::doh::cool:

All I can add is that Cameron modded a Blankenship gutted and hand wired 1959 SLP for me that I went and picked up from him when he was living in the storage unit in Van Nuys, and it was absolutely mental. Its the amp in my signature. JB called me up and offered me like $1500 for it, and I had to you know have a JVM Marshall and could always get another one from Mark, so yeah sold an epic Cameron to JB so I could buy a JVM. That's all I got.......

:ROFLMAO: :rock: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::doh::doh::doh::doh::cool:
1. He was living in a storage unit?!!! For as talented of a guy as he is, he sure has managed to piss away a lot of opportunity!

2. $1500?! Jeez, this must have been a while back

1. He was living in a storage unit?!!! For as talented of a guy as he is, he sure has managed to piss away a lot of opportunity!

2. $1500?! Jeez, this must have been a while back
1. Yep...I walked in the building and heard some mind blowing guy wailing on a guitar...found Marks unit and realized it was him paying my amp.

2. Yes, long ago. Bought the amp from Tom Anderson's main setup guy for $900, he dropped it off at Marks for me and called immediate to say he had a bad feeling about it hahaha. Mark charged me $175 to mod it. JB offered me $400 more than I had into it and I was rich :ROFLMAO:

That JVM sucked donkey balls too, lucky I got it at cost.

1. Yep...I walked in the building and heard some mind blowing guy wailing on a guitar...found Marks unit and realized it was him paying my amp.

2. Yes, long ago. Bought the amp from Tom Anderson's main setup guy for $900, he dropped it off at Marks for me and called immediate to say he had a bad feeling about it hahaha. Mark charged me $175 to mod it. JB offered me $400 more than I had into it and I was rich :ROFLMAO:

That JVM sucked donkey balls too, lucky I got it at cost.

Unbelievable, what a crazy world. Dude could have conquered the world with his amps…instead he chose chaos. Just wild.

Unbelievable, what a crazy world. Dude could have conquered the world with his amps…instead he chose chaos. Just wild.
There are folks out there who live like this and ok with it.. they live day to day, hour by hour wandering (not wondering) about the next few minutes. Almost as if they never took a bite of the apple. Imagine if you didn’t have to worry about anything until you were hungry or needed a cigarette or a drink? It’s living like my dogs. No cares until needed. Sounds odd BUT there are people like this and ok with it.

There are folks out there who live like this and ok with it.. they live day to day, hour by hour wandering (not wondering) about the next few minutes. Almost as if they never took a bite of the apple. Imagine if you didn’t have to worry about anything until you were hungry or needed a cigarette or a drink? It’s living like my dogs. No cares until needed. Sounds odd BUT there are people like this and ok with it.
Yea dude, I’ve met a few in just the last few weeks and it blows my mind. I’m not wired that way so it just perplexes me but it takes all kinds to make the world go round!

Cameron Aldrich owner here. Out of all the amps that have passed thru, I would say Monomyth modded SLP's would be closest to my 1988 1959s Cameron Aldrich.

I go back and forth between both Monomyths and the Aldrich. Mids and bloom a bit different on the Aldrich. Bit more vintage sounding.
Lots of gain for 3 stages.
I also play the Monomyths mostly on the 3 gain stage input.

Not quite ready to part with the Cameron (unless a great offer was made that I couldn't refuse).'

I too am stuck in the '80s btw and that's mostly what I play.

Recorded with my Android Phone (or Go Pro- Can't recall), but amature setup at best.

You should contact RedPlated. He is putting out a great amp now that just kills. It can do various Marshall tones with 2 gains, the added diodes with blend, dual masters. Great freakin amp. The Hellion. What’s more ‘80’s than that name? To me is has that Cameron Marshall with a touch of Mesa quality.
This is exciting news. I’ve always wanted a Black Magic from Redplate. That’s their take on a SLO. To me, it sounds nothing like an SLO, but much more useful for my needs.

I think I am stuck in the 90's, but the part where everyone was using the cheap used gear from the 80s, lol. :hys:

This is exciting news. I’ve always wanted a Black Magic from Redplate. That’s their take on a SLO. To me, it sounds nothing like an SLO, but much more useful for my needs.

Note i said RedPlated. He is a member here. Contact him about a Hellion.

I think you are thinking of a different company.

Back