New 2023 Bogner Uber Ultra

Just curious to know has anybody placed an order for one yet ? Axepalace is accepting pre-ordered now...
I have a preorder in with my rep at Sweetwater. He didn't give me any ETA. He said there were two versions, a 100w and something else I can't remember (120w? 150w? Can't remember). I got a 100w because all my stuff is setup for 100w.

Got myself on the waiting list with Sweetwater for the 100W/EL34 version at the beginning of January. Other than knowing there’s the 100W and 150W (KT88) options, they still don’t have any more details about features/specs. The rep I’ve been interacting with said they were expecting the first shipment by end of March or beginning of April.

Sweetwater has never charged me for anything before it is about to be shipped. They take your info/card on your account.

Looking forward to seeing some more extensive demos of this. Agree that it sounds kind of choked.

The only demo out there is Reza's demo and he always has such a distinctive, specific sound that nobody really knows what the amp sounds like at all. :D

One thing I'm curious about is the Presence control. I'd love to know if it still works as basically a Contour / Mid Scoop knob like it did on the original Ubers because I think that's a huge part of what makes the Uber sound like it does. Reza didn't touch the Presence knob in either his demos so there's no way to know right now. It looks like there's a "Presence Frequency" switch on the front also so who knows how it works. Maybe one switch position is the traditional Uber style (awesomely) weird Presence control and the other switch position makes the control more like a "standard" Presence knob. That's just speculation though.

Do you guys really think these amps will be out in a few months?
Who knows. Reza said February in his videos, I'm on a list with an ETA of March and my friend is on SW list for April. Maybe preorders are piling up? Bogner is a reputable company so I'm not terribly worried but their lack of online presence and spoty communication does concern me some.

The only demo out there is Reza's demo and he always has such a distinctive, specific sound that nobody really knows what the amp sounds like at all. :D

One thing I'm curious about is the Presence control. I'd love to know if it still works as basically a Contour / Mid Scoop knob like it did on the original Ubers because I think that's a huge part of what makes the Uber sound like it does. Reza didn't touch the Presence knob in either his demos so there's no way to know right now. It looks like there's a "Presence Frequency" switch on the front also so who knows how it works. Maybe one switch position is the traditional Uber style (awesomely) weird Presence control and the other switch position makes the control more like a "standard" Presence knob. That's just speculation though.
He barely touched half of the controls on either vid. You can hardly hear the effect of the metamorph control he used. I'll reserve judgement until the amp is my hands.

Lol it’s Definitely a problem lol . Running out of shit to sell to get gear lol
I looking to get 1 too... But mains voltage is my concern... I got no idea if it's good idea to order direct from Bogner.. Sweetwater puts out nice price but not sure if they could order a 1 off 240V mains lol

I looking to get 1 too... But mains voltage is my concern... I got no idea if it's good idea to order direct from Bogner.. Sweetwater puts out nice price but not sure if they could order a 1 off 240V mains lol
Just ask sweet water . If not keep bugging Bogner .I’m sure they making a few for over there

New video of the Uber Ultra retail version.

Sweetwater link for the EL34 version: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...mk2-100-watt-2-channel-tube-head-el34-version

And here's something interesting on the back panel:
SxBGrsk.png

Power section options:
  • 150w KT88
  • 100w EL34
  • 100w KT88
  • 100w KT77
  • 100w 6L6
Kind of nuts that there’s that many power section options, hah. How am I possibly supposed to pick the “best” one?

Last edited:
Сheck Thomann or any other EU retailer. I guess voltage will be more to your taste.

New video of the Uber Ultra retail version.

Sweetwater link for the EL34 version: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...mk2-100-watt-2-channel-tube-head-el34-version

And here's something interesting on the back panel:
SxBGrsk.png

Power section options:
  • 150w KT88
  • 100w EL34
  • 100w KT88
  • 100w KT77
  • 100w 6L6
Kind of nuts that there’s that many power section options, hah. How am I possibly supposed to pick the “best” one?

In typical Bogner fashion, they are gonna have different version of this thing instead of just designing it to run any tube you want like most other high-end amps. There's no reason why they couldn't have simply wired it up to accept any of those tubes interchangeably.

In typical Bogner fashion, they are gonna have different version of this thing instead of just designing it to run any tube you want like most other high-end amps. There's no reason why they couldn't have simply wired it up to accept any of those tubes interchangeably.
Wizard does the same and everyone cool with it somehow. And doesn’t KT88 demand a bigger tranny? That would be pricier, hence the variations.

Back