New 2023 Bogner Uber Ultra

I imagine differrent speakers would give it way better low end.

Maybe, but to my ears that’s what I’m hearing out of the power amp section. Time will tell though. Amp is way too freakin tight in my opinion, gonna sound incredibly choked with certain pickups I bet, and will be way too thin with pedals.

Maybe, but to my ears that’s what I’m hearing out of the power amp section. Time will tell though. Amp is way too freakin tight in my opinion, gonna sound incredibly choked with certain pickups I bet, and will be way too thin with pedals.
Actually you may be right. The hermansson recto I had sounded very clank clank modern with certain pickups. And the Big Max choked with gain up

This has a gain structure similar to my Fortin Cali.......if I cranked the presence :LOL:

Cali has more lower end but then again, Speakers, Cab play a huge roll in the tone.
I'd defiantly snag the UberUltra. (just so the price point isnt upwards of $4 grand)

There’s a new dial on the amp called “Metamorph” and it’s got a switch attached to it labeled “Tight / Fat” and I’m hoping it’s just a built-in pre-distortion low end filter, and that dialing it down to 0 will get you the original Uber’s “unfiltered” voicing.

I have no inside information confirming that is what it could be, but that is what I’m hoping it is, because yeah tight metal amps are super fun for a while, but too much tightness can be too restrictive in terms of what you can use with them and how you can dial them in. And if you don’t craft the tightness filtering *exactly* right, you end up with as much or more honk than tightness. For example, see the Peavey 5150 II. And besides, a hyper tight clangy metal amp just isn’t what a Bogner Uberschall is.

I’ll also say that personally I have wished for a while that all modern high gain amps would just include a pre-distortion low end filter control like the Bass knob on Mesa Mark amps. If that’s what this is, I’ll be thrilled because the built-in tightness will be adjustable.

Last edited:
There’s a new dial on the amp called “Metamorph” and it’s got a switch attached to it labeled “Tight / Fat” and I’m hoping it’s just a built-in pre-distortion low end filter, and that dialing it down to 0 will get you the original Uber’s “unfiltered” voicing.

I have no inside information confirming that is what it could be, but that is what I’m hoping it is, because yeah tight metal amps are super fun for a while, but too much tightness can be too restrictive in terms of what you can use with them and how you can dial them in. And if you don’t craft the tightness filtering *exactly* right, you end up with as much or more honk than tightness. For example, see the Peavey 5150 II. And besides, a hyper tight clangy metal amp just isn’t what a Bogner Uberschall is.

I’ll also say that personally I have wished for a while that all modern high gain amps would just include a tightness control like the Bass knob on Mesa Mark amps. If that’s what this is, I’ll be thrilled because the built-in tightness will be adjustable.
That was previously called "Facelift" on the previous prototype. No idea what it technically did but loved the name. Sad it didn't make it

Back