New 2023 Bogner Uber Ultra

My amp has all 3 on front.

Presence and Depth are more filter controls as they control specific frequencies determined by capacitors that are used. NFB control is just a variable NFB resistor, no filtering involved.

Here’s the layout on mine:

RedPlated, I'm looking at this (found a dealer I can pre-order) vs a Friedman SSv2 on order. Currently looking for an amp to pair with SLO, and curious if you have any thoughts on overall versatility of the Uber Ultra. How's the clean and spectrum of tones -- can it nail some "lighter" JCM800 tones -- I think the brutality factor has been proven lol. Appreciate input -- choosing a retirement present.

It's a longshot, but does anybody know how the Presence control works on the Uber Ultra?

I'm concerned that the Presence on the new amp will be more of a traditional Presence control, while the old amps had Presence controls that weren't really Presence, but Mid Contour controls. If the new amp doesn't have an equivalent Mid Contour control, it's going to be missing a huge part of what made the original Uberschall what it was.

If we're lucky, the Density knob (negative feedback control) will be what controls both the real Presence and Depth while the Depth knob lets us adjust the low end, and the knob labeled "Presence" will be the classic Mid Contour knob. But I have no idea how it will actually work.

Last edited:
What do you primarily use MIDI for? Effects switching, controlling the amps switchable options?

I use it to control my rig (effects and loopers) and (ideally) change channels of my amps...to have a separate switcher (midi controlled) for each amp I have is really a pity since some manufacturers already implemented it in their line ups (e.g. Diezel, EVH in the 50w models etc)

Last edited:
Can’t wait! Put my preorder in through Sweetwater already, rep said it should ship to me sometime in April. I’ve got an old Rev2 Uber that’s absolutely crushing, but it does have a few downfalls; the loop sucks, pretty sure it’s line level cause I get a big volume drop when I turn on effects in the loop, and it’s kind of a one trick pony. Hoping this new one is a little more versatile with its ability to have two different Uber gain channels.

Can’t wait! Put my preorder in through Sweetwater already, rep said it should ship to me sometime in April. I’ve got an old Rev2 Uber that’s absolutely crushing, but it does have a few downfalls; the loop sucks, pretty sure it’s line level cause I get a big volume drop when I turn on effects in the loop, and it’s kind of a one trick pony. Hoping this new one is a little more versatile with its ability to have two different Uber gain channels.
How much was it through sw? dont see it posted on the site yet

Back