METALLICA - 72 SEASONS (2023) [FULL ALBUM]

Ive listened to the album 5xs now, its grown alot on me after each listen, i like it.
I dont expect to be blown away or for them to break new ground, anything we get from them at this point is a bonus, they are older now and havent been a thrash band since the AJFA. My favorite era is the first 5 albums and original garage days, those are awesome and set the bar extremely high for me, so yeah this album isnt anything close to that level.

My complaints, yeah ive got a few but nothing that keeps me from listening to these new songs, i definately agree that the songs coulda been trimmed and some parts feel forced, kirks solos are lazy and boring most of the time. Guitar tones arent great but the past 20 years the tones havent been great, so im not shocked.

But theres some positives too, james vocals sound great to me, i also like the way hes singing some of the verses and chrous parts in ways he doesnt normally sing, i think he put in effort to sing a little different on this album.

Overall im satisfied, i didnt expect a thrash album so im not disappointed, its not a metal album imo, its the heavy rock version of metallicas later career with a few metal riffs here and there and i can live with that. Theres plenty of other bands playing damn good metal that keeps me happy.

Theres alot of people who hate this album, but they dont have to listen to it if they think it sucks, most people dont even buy albums anymore and just stream shit or download it, so why bitch so much about it when most arent even paying anything for it anyway. Haha its almost like people feel offended because they heard a few songs they dont like.

Ive listened to the album 5xs now, its grown alot on me after each listen, i like it.
I dont expect to be blown away or for them to break new ground, anything we get from them at this point is a bonus, they are older now and havent been a thrash band since the AJFA. My favorite era is the first 5 albums and original garage days, those are awesome and set the bar extremely high for me, so yeah this album isnt anything close to that level.

My complaints, yeah ive got a few but nothing that keeps me from listening to these new songs, i definately agree that the songs coulda been trimmed and some parts feel forced, kirks solos are lazy and boring most of the time. Guitar tones arent great but the past 20 years the tones havent been great, so im not shocked.

But theres some positives too, james vocals sound great to me, i also like the way hes singing some of the verses and chrous parts in ways he doesnt normally sing, i think he put in effort to sing a little different on this album.

Overall im satisfied, i didnt expect a thrash album so im not disappointed, its not a metal album imo, its the heavy rock version of metallicas later career with a few metal riffs here and there and i can live with that. Theres plenty of other bands playing damn good metal that keeps me happy.

Theres alot of people who hate this album, but they dont have to listen to it if they think it sucks, most people dont even buy albums anymore and just stream shit or download it, so why bitch so much about it when most arent even paying anything for it anyway. Haha its almost like people feel offended because they heard a few songs they dont like.
The record is beginning to grow on me a bit as well...It definitely takes a few listens.

100% agree, especially your final thought in bold. I feel sorry for any dolt who would let themselves get offended over a piece of art 🤣🤣🤣regardless if it’s good or bad, which is subjective

this is what confuses me, usually when i hear songs i find not very well written that are long and boring, have shitty tones and worst of all that word "lazy" used as a description i usually turn on something else and dont go back :dunno:

I’m so distraught over 72 Seasons that I’ve already written a heavy power ballad about the associated feelings called Fading to Black. Go ahead Lars, sue me. I could use the publicity to kick start my music career.

The song covered in barb wire or whatever comes up and I’m saying oh shit, sounds like I’m gonna get sonically assaulted judging by this title, instead I’m thinking this song should be named “soft down goose pillow fight” with how weak it is

They’ve been phoning it in for a while now. Last album I actually enjoyed was Death Magnetic. I think it’s cool that they’re still touring and playing live, but they should try shaking up their writing process if they ever do another album.

It’s a solid album. James vocals are the best since the first S&M, he seems rejuvenated both in shape and creativity. It’s impressive.

Chasing Light and Inamorata are my favorites right now, but I can see others with the potential to grow with more listenings. There’s a lot of really cool riffs, harmonies and other tasty guitar parts. The solos are -surprisingly- decent, they do the job just fine. Lars is pretty solid too and Rob has done it’s best job in Metallica here. The album production it’s actually good overall -with a few exceptions-. Quite better than DM or Hardwired.

I concur the album feels a bit too long and it would have been better with just 7 or 8 songs, but you could say that about probably every album with more than 9 songs ever.

I’m happy.

this is what confuses me, usually when i hear songs i find not very well written that are long and boring, have shitty tones and worst of all that word "lazy" used as a description i usually turn on something else and dont go back :dunno:
It’s because they actually like it but it’s different than the 80s

Back