METALLICA - 72 SEASONS (2023) [FULL ALBUM]

If I never hear another Metallica song again, it will be too soon. This is evidence that mainstream metal is dead. This is such a low bar I can't even.

One thing though, I want to know who wrote the lyrics for the band in the 80's, because the last 30 years have shown it sure as shit wasn't James.

Megadeths newest album was actually quite good

Metallica literally seemed to forget how to write songs at some point. This 72 seasons, just like hardwired, it's basically a pro tools riff salad, with ridiculously simple Dr suess lyric and vocal melody writing.
Distopia is as good as Megadeth gets . As good as old days

Why is it we get stuck with shit bands like this and MC.

Why couldn't we still have great bands like Alice In Chains and Stone Temple Pilots?

Such a shame.

...didnā€™t realize you would rather see another Bad Bunny or Miley Cyrus album be released today rather than a solid hard rock effort from a legendary band.
This album made me release some diarrhea today for what which should have been a solid hard rock effort. Splash!

Ehh, you mean what's left of them.

I mean, if you continuously look for ways to be disappointed then life has no shortage of offerings, you can forever feel complete in your disappointments. Personally, that didnā€™t work for me and made life pretty shitty, but if thatā€™s how you prefer to spend your time, itā€™s yours to do as you please.

I grew up on both those bands with AIC being my favorite of all time and Layne being my favorite singer, DuVall kills it live and Jerry sounds better these days than he did in the 90ā€™s, dudeā€™s tones are fucking GLORIOUS live and their output has been pretty stellar since their return. Just like Dean, Robert and Eric still kill it live and those killer tones are still there, Deanā€™s used the same rig his entire career. The dude singing does an outstanding job, I just wish he didnā€™t move around like Weiland did as it comes off as a bit cheap. Their last album was great musically, but without a Scott or Cantrell-type in the band, the vocals didnā€™t do it for me as much.

I donā€™t know if people are just addicted to bitching or havenā€™t realized that chasing nostalgia always ends in disappointment, but goddamn a lot of yaā€™ll seem content just bitching about shit instead of finding things you can actually enjoy in life.

I mean, if you continuously look for ways to be disappointed then life has no shortage of offerings, you can forever feel complete in your disappointments. Personally, that didnā€™t work for me and made life pretty shitty, but if thatā€™s how you prefer to spend your time, itā€™s yours to do as you please.

I grew up on both those bands with AIC being my favorite of all time and Layne being my favorite singer, DuVall kills it live and Jerry sounds better these days than he did in the 90ā€™s, dudeā€™s tones are fucking GLORIOUS live and their output has been pretty stellar since their return. Just like Dean, Robert and Eric still kill it live and those killer tones are still there, Deanā€™s used the same rig his entire career. The dude singing does an outstanding job, I just wish he didnā€™t move around like Weiland did as it comes off as a bit cheap. Their last album was great musically, but without a Scott or Cantrell-type in the band, the vocals didnā€™t do it for me as much.

I donā€™t know if people are just addicted to bitching or havenā€™t realized that chasing nostalgia always ends in disappointment, but goddamn a lot of yaā€™ll seem content just bitching about shit instead of finding things you can actually enjoy in life.
Thanks for the Sigmand Freud shit.

But you just can't put the lightning back into the bottle.

When the magic leaves the band, it's never as good. Just like when DLR left VH.

Back