David Lee Roth Fires Shots at Wolfgang Van Halen: ‘This F-ckin’ Kid’

Well wasn't just a year or 2 ago DLR was doing a special [preorder] final concerto in Vegas or something. Sold out tickets.
And at the last minute backed out of the whole deal citing health concerns while keeping all the dough from ticket sales ?
I was very surprised he didn't get sued. IDK maybe he did.

Well wasn't just a year or 2 ago DLR was doing a special [preorder] final concerto in Vegas or something. Sold out tickets.
And at the last minute backed out of the whole deal citing health concerns while keeping all the dough from ticket sales ?
I was very surprised he didn't get sued. IDK maybe he did.
A common insurance scam run by artists and promoters.

Old guy here.....Dave was the best singer, AKA showman that VH ever had. And I like Sammy alot too, just not with VH. Dave was so much more involved with VH becoming what they became than most people generally realize....I've read many music books, and that was generally the story that I've learned, and I've never been a personal fan of DLR, but VH sounded right with him, and that will always be the best version.

The VH legacy just got smeared around like paint on a canvas at the end and it is just this grasping at straws thing. Wolfgang is representing Ed's legacy better than DLR or Sammy at this point.

The RRHOF was a shitshow and just a shame there was never those 4 up there for just one show before Ed got sick.

DLR, love his history and the music, but his stories just sound so dated now. "So there's this dame standing there, and I'm halfway thru a Smithfield hot dog from 48th street, you know, where the old Montgomery Ward's was where we would get our Walkmans". Dave, nobody understands you.

Honestly I have zero issue with Dave talking shit about Sam, that guy has been blasting Dave for 2 decades now and he's nary said a word. Not to mention Hagar is a total nitwit thinking his version of VH was more successful when VH1 and 1984 have sold as much as the entire Van Hagar catalog.

Now, going after Wolfie, he should chill on that because even if it is true, Dave comes out the loser here. Agree with @romanianreaper now, Dave's time has passed and the schtick about life just doesn't work anymore.

Wolf isn’t untouchable. Probably some truth to the story. Not sure why he’s choosing now to shoot the arrows, though

They are all washed up.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I saw Van Halen on their last two tours. Eddie, Alex, and Wolfie absolutely tore it up both shows. Dave stunk it up.

Life is boring, I love Dave’s story telling. It doesn’t matter if it true or not or something inbetween but one interview with Dave is more entertaining than an entire album of Wolfgangs music. Not knocking Wolfgang as a guy as I don’t know him but Wolfgang’s rich as fuck. I don’t feel sorry or all that defensive for any of these people. All that really matters is who puts a smile on my face or makes me forget about my own shit for a while. DLR is one of those few respits. Old school, bringin’ it because younger and even middle aged rock musicians today (40’s/50’s) are dull as fuck and as dangerous as a Cabbage Patch kid.

Ed, Al, and Wolf absolutely slayed on the Tokyo Dome live album. Roth shit all over it. I wish they'd release a version with no vocals.

Back