David Lee Roth Fires Shots at Wolfgang Van Halen: ‘This F-ckin’ Kid’

If repeatedly bitch slapping your inane posts makes me a bitch, so be it.
That's on you my man. It's not your usual gig so obviously you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, which happens, and is forgivable. If you were worrying about your own post count none of this would've happened but I guess you feel like the boss bitch today. I'm here to help.

Yeah, but still a bitch. You got a gripe this morning. Tampax can help.

Here in Canada you can find these in the men's washrooms now too! Sorry, I meant " people kind's " washroom. There is no gender. We are all peoples...of some kind, any kind. My pronouns are he-cabbage, their-cabbage, and She-Malmsteen.

Both Sammy and DLR strike me as burnouts who are full of themselves. Sammy will at least let you get a word in. I love prime DLR but he's got to move on and be a bit more self aware. Sammy can be a bit of a dick too though. For me it is a wash.

Totally concur. His place in R&R history is secure and was richly earned.

If you read Greg's book, and it's not his VH fanboi'ism, he makes a pretty clear case for Dave having been the driving force that took VH from playing backyard keggers to the next level and then the next several levels. And they hated him back then and it took him more than one try to get into the band. The man was relentless and we need to be thankful he stuck with it. I'm as big a VH fanboi as anyone else here. But you have to realize that band was destined for obscurity or low-tier fame at best without Dave. Ed would have ended up as famous as Allan Holdsworth without Dave pushing that band. We all know Allan was a genius, but almost no one else does.
Well stated.

a29b35a9f4cbef0d7845b930d148698e.jpg

cbfcf59d687c5ceaf9dd4f550d5ce31d.jpg

evh_78_amp_echoplex.jpg

eddies-marshalls_med.jpeg

10463940-691670074202176-1000998395020847254-n.jpg

eddie-van-halen-marshall-super-lead-model-1959-100w-plexi.jpg
EVHs_MSL_back.jpg

EVH_Marshall_ZWylde_Twitter_1008_ZakkWylde.jpg

JMP THERMIONIC VALVE MAFIA ...

On the one hand, EVH could be a real asshole, and seemed to like to make his drinking everyone else's problem. Alex was loyal to his brother, but seemed to be less outwardly abrasive. Given the toxicity that was going on back then, especially towards the end, it's not at all impossible to think the WVH was capable of channeling some of that.
So true too. I crack up at this imitation of the Van Halen brothers every time I see it 😅

Life is boring, I love Dave’s story telling. It doesn’t matter if it true or not or something inbetween but one interview with Dave is more entertaining than an entire album of Wolfgangs music. Not knocking Wolfgang as a guy as I don’t know him but Wolfgang’s rich as fuck. I don’t feel sorry or all that defensive for any of these people. All that really matters is who puts a smile on my face or makes me forget about my own shit for a while. DLR is one of those few respits. Old school, bringin’ it because younger and even middle aged rock musicians today (40’s/50’s) are dull as fuck and as dangerous as a Cabbage Patch kid.
This post ROCKS!

I have been for years. People keep bringing up the gear constantly and I'm am SO over it.

its leaked into my social media too, and that had to be from all the threads here, every time i go on facebook its a stream of van halen articles to the point of being ridiculous. its nothing really about gear either, its "Wolfgang ate a cheeseburger" or "D list guitar claims eddie was an asshole". who the fuck gives a shit?

Back