Does anyone here has the contact number or email for Michael Audette?

SBlue

Who does the R/T Marshall mods. I had his number in my hotmail email, but I closed that account, so I can't reach out to him.

Last edited:
-tinEzpXh9lRTElt-3_-kxq8e9eL9vhaNFmhHzztILdQSE6QHWT9s0vIK4adYZLP4xj0I1e4XA=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Cameron Audette ? You mean folks sent him amps and they got stiffed ?
Never heard of such a thing.
Next you'll tell me this is a chibson, [it is].

Just an FYI. A friend of mine had an amp modded within the last month and it had an issue upon arrival. Audette offered no help and said something must have happened during shipping. He took it to a local tech in Philly PA and the tech narrowed it down to poor master volume placement as the master was picking up heater noise. Cost him an additional $150 to get it fixed to proper working order. I have an audio clip of the issue and it was bad.

My understanding is that Audette is more of a hobbyist than a real tech. He does great sounding mods though, give him that. Sounds like customer support is big time lacking..

Active on the Marshall Forum.
Just spoke to him re; some mods. Glad I decided to have someone local do the work.

Last saw him a couple of weeks ago.

I remember him from the old MetroAmp forum, a long time ago.

He came on there and kind of spammed the site with his mods.

ymmv

Active on the Marshall Forum.
Just spoke to him re; some mods. Glad I decided to have someone local do the work.

Last saw him a couple of weeks ago.
MF home of the ban-happy 15 moderators.
2 things come to mind about MA : 16 yrs ago he modified a Marshall Major. Sounded real good but he sold it.
And 2] he made a Hiwatt clone from a kit, again sounded great but he was asking so much you could buy an actual vintage Hiwatt for same price.

He spammed every site including FB groups for 15 years. Wasn't trying to keep a low profile.

Until something goes wrong with a customer on the site or group, then he stops spamming, deletes his account, changes sites, and does it all over again.

He is a hack with no electrical background. He can’t repair his own modifications and forces customers to pay out of pocket to repair or even completely remove his faulty mods by local technicians. Techs are learning who he is not by the quality of work he’s doing but rather by the dumpsters he’s building that need repair or removal.

Been saying this for ages. The mods he tried to sell here weren’t safe either and he ignored professional advice to fix them.

He will fuck up your amp by making it unsafe and unreliable. He does not care about doing it right. He does not care about customer service. He’s a hobbyist with no electrical background or formal training.

Until something goes wrong with a customer on the site or group, then he stops spamming, deletes his account, changes sites, and does it all over again.

He is a hack with no electrical background. He can’t repair his own modifications and forces customers to pay out of pocket to repair or even completely remove his faulty mods by local technicians. Techs are learning who he is not by the quality of work he’s doing but rather by the dumpsters he’s building that need repair or removal.

Been saying this for ages. The mods he tried to sell here weren’t safe either and he ignored professional advice to fix them.

He will fuck up your amp by making it unsafe and unreliable. He does not care about doing it right. He does not care about customer service. He’s a hobbyist with no electrical background or formal training.
It's one thing to mess with your own amp, or friends/acquaintances etc for free, or a case of beer etc. It's quite another to have guys pack up their baby, ship up to the great white north, pay a good amount of cash, get the amp back(or not :oops:), the said amp has issues and then crickets.
I admit his RT mod DOES sound really good...but not at the cost of getting ripped off, or having no recourse to service/fix whatever mess is inside.

As I recall, all he was really doing was the "one wire mod", along with a few tone cap changes.

This sounds like most "amp techs" i have known. You're better off looking for an old school TV and radio repairman if these kind of people are all you can find.

I knew a guy who was entering into the amp tech world once who got just butthurt eternal when I wouldn't let him tweak my Plexi which was operating perfectly at the time. This was after I watched him ruin a perfectly functional bassman. Who knows how many amps that fool has ruined in the last 15 years.

Back