Bogner Uber Ultra Tone Check // Discussion

How are the crunch tones? Metal is only a small part of my playing. Does this head handle other styles well, clean to crunch?
The clean is ok, the crunch is ok, but if clean/crunch/metal is what you want then I think the Bogner Ecstasy 101b is the best option imo. This amp really excels for its ability to shape hard rock / metal tones with the presence shifting (basically mid cuts), and the different gain structures on channel 2.

The clean is ok, the crunch is ok, but if clean/crunch/metal is what you want then I think the Bogner Ecstasy 101b is the best option imo. This amp really excels for its ability to shape hard rock / metal tones with the presence shifting (basically mid cuts), and the different gain structures on channel 2.
Ya, the Ecstasy is the one for sure.
A "simpler" Bogner that can also get wide range of tones, especially some amazing crunch/rock tones is the Helios.

I know...WTF were they thinking when they bought it. lol Must've just been caught up in the hype!
Ya, I am in that group for sure. My friends that have tried my Uber Ultra that are bona fide metal guys absolutely love it. I tend to gravitate to ch1 in Uber mode and don't go above noon with the gain.

Ya, I am in that group for sure. My friends that have tried my Uber Ultra that are bona fide metal guys absolutely love it. I tend to gravitate to ch1 in Uber mode and don't go above noon with the gain.

That’s pretty much what I play. Channel 1, Uber, hair gets a killer metal tone IMO

I've seen way too many guys sell their Ultra's because "it's way too modern". If you turn knobs and mess with the amp, it has plenty of other tones in it but at the end of the day, it's a straight up fire breather.
Plenty of other tones that still sound ultra modern. Lol
It’s definitely a fire breather and packs a wallop, but it’s still an ultra modern sounding amp no matter how it’s set.
That’s not necessarily a bad thing, just not my thing.

Thank you for the advice.
I am looking at the Bogner Ecstacy 3534 50 watt, Friedman BE-50 Deluxe and Friedman Runt.

Back