Bogner Uber Ultra Tone Check // Discussion

Gave my first impressions of the KT88 Uber ultra in this video towards the end.

The recorded tones I got IMO are some of the best I've had. Thing sounds immense both in the room and under a mic

It’s crazy how versatile it is. I actually like channel 2 in the Uber mode with a boost too. The internal boost on the Uber mode channel 3 is killer. Ultra mode is just insanity. It’s becoming my favorite amp I own.

As soon as I move some gear I am for sure ordering one of these. It may make me get rid of my two Rev G Dual Rec's.

Gave my first impressions of the KT88 Uber ultra in this video towards the end.

The recorded tones I got IMO are some of the best I've had. Thing sounds immense both in the room and under a mic

Nice to see more videos pop up of the KT88 and 6L6 variants! For a while it seemed the only ones out there were the EL34 ones which influenced me getting one.

Looking forward to the full review since I get most of my amp queries or interest answered in your videos these days :ROFLMAO:

100% agreed. There is really no reason to get any Uber other than the ultra from here on out, other than price 😞
It’s gotten way out of control. 6-8 k for custom guitars that have a 3-4 year wait. Every boutique amp new is 3k or more. Luckily seems like on the used market prices are coming down fast. Hopefully companies realize what’s going on with a slower gear market and lower prices.

It’s gotten way out of control. 6-8 k for custom guitars that have a 3-4 year wait. Every boutique amp new is 3k or more. Luckily seems like on the used market prices are coming down fast. Hopefully companies realize what’s going on with a slower gear market and lower prices.
Used prices will come down but I don’t see newer prices following haha!

When I asked, I was told that the Uber Ultra that has the different transformers is the 6L6 version. Not the (HPV) 150W with KT88.🤷‍♂️
I asked sales@bogneramps.us about if the 6L6 version used a different transformer. This was the reply:

Not sure which transformer they refer to, all Uberschalls use the exact
same power transformer, KT88 runs on higher plate voltage hence the
150W, EL34 and 6L6 can't handle that and a lower voltage from the
transformer is used.
Output transformers need to match the tubes output impedance so they
sound best kind of like a cabinet is matched to the output transformer.
KT88 and EL34 can use the same but 6L6 are different and use a different
one but in terms of power they can handle the same.
I still have yet to find one single demo of the 6L6 version. I have a Bogner Ecstasy 101b with EL34s so was curious how the 6L6 sounded and how much it changed the tones.

How are the crunch tones? Metal is only a small part of my playing. Does this head handle other styles well, clean to crunch?

How are the crunch tones? Metal is only a small part of my playing. Does this head handle other styles well, clean to crunch?
My opinion after playing it a bit now: good clean channel for a beast of an amp. Crunch tones to me, are passable, but not really inspiring in either tone or feel department. I mean, it can do broken up to rock crunch tones, but that is definitely not what the amp excels at.

Back