Bogner Uber Ultra Tone Check // Discussion

I've not found a single one for sale in the US. Bogner says they're backordered into 2024, so I wouldn't expect to see one anytime soon.

On a related note, there are numerous videos of the Uberschall Mk2 loaded EL34 tubes. But has anyone seen or heard the 6L6 or KT88 version?

I think I read somewhere the KT88 version has a different transformer and is rated at 150 watts. I have no experience with the Uber, so I'm curious about the differences.
KT-88 is dark (imo) but if I ever get the chance I will grab another but EL-34 version

Here's a clip I recorded of the KT88 Uber ultra on Ch 2 Uber mode, boosted with a Lichtlaerm King in Yellow through a Crate BV412 with Vintage 30's, SM57

Initially I felt the amp was a bit dark in the top end through my Mesa 1999 Traditional 412, so I tried it through the Crate, and WOW. Massive difference in the top end, much brighter and sizzlier - more to my liking.

I messaged Reinhold and he said that the amp was voiced primarily through a 16 ohm Uberkab with v30/t75, which is a front loaded cab. So it made a lot more sense once I knew this.

If you find it dark, and you're on an 8 ohm or darker sounding cab, try something 16 ohm or a little brighter. It may fix it for you

Here's a clip I recorded of the KT88 Uber ultra on Ch 2 Uber mode, boosted with a Lichtlaerm King in Yellow through a Crate BV412 with Vintage 30's, SM57

Initially I felt the amp was a bit dark in the top end through my Mesa 1999 Traditional 412, so I tried it through the Crate, and WOW. Massive difference in the top end, much brighter and sizzlier - more to my liking.

I messaged Reinhold and he said that the amp was voiced primarily through a 16 ohm Uberkab with v30/t75, which is a front loaded cab. So it made a lot more sense once I knew this.

If you find it dark, and you're on an 8 ohm or darker sounding cab, try something 16 ohm or a little brighter. It may fix it for you

I look forward to your video review of it.

I’m not surprised it was so dark on your Mesa cab. V30’s from that era have such a smooth top end to them, I actually love it with most high gainers.

But yeah, Ubers definitely sound best with cross pattern V30/T75 cabs. You should check it out with your ENGL cab too. Definitely no lack of highs with that cab I find. Almost too piercing!

I love my Ultra such a badass sounding amp! I have the EL34 version which I now switched to running a mix of KT88's and EL34's. It sounds fucking huge!
So you're running a mix of EL34 and KT88 on the EL34 version. Is it possible to mix tubes in this fashion on the KT88 version, or is that KT88 only due to the different transformers? If it's KT88 only, then it sounds like the version to get would be the EL34 version because it's more versatile.

I just dumped mine on Reverb.

What kind of multimeter connector is needed to bias the Uber Ultra? It looks like they changed the format from earlier Uberschalls.
You gotta the UU as well?

Would like to know how different is the new UU vs the TJ... have heard the new UU mids is based more in rev Blue "marshally" than the TJ closer to the original uberschall circuit being lower darker and smoother in mids? Never played a rev Green nor original uber.... only read some info and based on what i have the TJ ..

The bias seems that the center connector is ground and left side of the connector is ya hot or red probe should connect to for the tube on the left hand side.. for the tubes on the right hand side measures the right connector with respect to your ground which is at center..... just stick in your multimeter probe will do...

Key is always measure and put your multimeter to measuring voltage is the safest way and measures DC.... it states 1mV = 1mA

Last edited:
You gotta the UU as well?

The bias seems that the center connector is ground and left side of the connector is ya hot or red probe should connect to for the tube on the left hand side.. for the tubes on the right hand side measures the right connector with respect to your ground which is at center..... just stick in your multimeter probe will do...

Key is always measure and put your multimeter to measuring voltage is the safest way and measures DC.... it states 1mV = 1mA
Ah, I think I see how it works. Black goes into ground and red goes into left (V7 or V9) or right (V8 or V10).

And if I end up wanting mix EL34s and KT88s, since there's a separate bias pot for V7 and V10, and V8 and V9, I would use one tube type in V7 and V10 and another type in V8 and V9, right?

And yes, I have an UU on order from Sweetwater, who said that they should get more in next month.

Ah, I think I see how it works. Black goes into ground and red goes into left (V7 or V9) or right (V8 or V10).

And if I end up wanting mix EL34s and KT88s, since there's a separate bias pot for V7 and V10, and V8 and V9, I would use one tube type in V7 and V10 and another type in V8 and V9, right?

And yes, I have an UU on order from Sweetwater, who said that they should get more in next month.
Yup .... ya can only use 1 type of tubes that linked for that bias pot... inner and outer V7 & V10 outer and inner being V8 & V9 ...

means ya need to move ya multimeter leads from the right hand group of the 3 pin connectors to left hand group of the other 3 pin connectors during measurement.... its good to double check on the biasing across all four tubes when you finalized your adjustments.... and visual check if any slight redplating gonna arise...

But am not sure if ya can mix the tubes like that? Unless its cold bias? The manual i read from bogner for the TJ it stated only 25mA for KT88.... and its indeed cold for KT88 ....? Not sure for UU....

Any idea users whom ordered the KT88 version has different transformers vs the EL34 version ? And the biasing mA and Plate voltage for these two version ?

So fast!!? I ordered mine 3 months ago from axepalace but seems not to have any news yet.... am waiting anxiously

Last edited:
Yup .... ya can only use 1 type of tubes that linked for that bias pot... inner and outer V7 & V10 outer and inner being V8 & V9 ...

means ya need to move ya multimeter leads from the right hand group of the 3 pin connectors to left hand group of the other 3 pin connectors during measurement.... its good to double check on the biasing across all four tubes when you finalized your adjustments.... and visual check if any slight redplating gonna arise...

But am not sure if ya can mix the tubes like that? Unless its cold bias? The manual i read from bogner for the TJ it stated only 25mA for KT88.... and its indeed cold for KT88 ....? Not sure for UU....

Any idea users whom ordered the KT88 version has different transformers vs the EL34 version ? And the biasing mA and Plate voltage for these two version ?

So fast!!? I ordered mine 3 months ago from axepalace but seems not to have any news yet.... am waiting anxiously
I also order mine (KT88) from the Axe Palace in February. No news yet…

I still want to know why all the hype for the Rev 2 version. It’s cool for sure but it doesn’t shit all over the Rev Blue or TJ like the uber (pun intended) fan boys claim it does.

The Rev 2 has a weird way of filling the room with a wall of sound that the Rev Blue and Twin Jet just don’t. It’s an amp that doesn’t sound quite like any other. That’s a big reason why I kept mine and sold my Twin Jet to finance the UU.

The Rev 2 has a weird way of filling the room with a wall of sound that the Rev Blue and Twin Jet just don’t. It’s an amp that doesn’t sound quite like any other. That’s a big reason why I kept mine and sold my Twin Jet to finance the UU.
Yes, the Rev 2 have a 3D tone that’s special. But it’s not night and day like some might say. If I had to choose one or the other. I would choose the Rev 2 over the Blue, for the same reasons you just mentioned.

I’ve never tried a Twin Jet tho.

I just hope I didn’t made a mistake by ordering the High Plate Voltage KT88 version of the Uber Ultra instead of the EL34.

I just hope I didn’t made a mistake by ordering the High Plate Voltage KT88 version of the Uber Ultra instead of the EL34.
It’s definitely going to limit your ability to use EL34s because there aren’t many tubes of that type that can handle the higher plate voltage. I ran into this issue with the Twin Jet when the supply of Winged C EL34s dried up. In contrast, the EL34 version of the UU can safely use KT88s.

When I asked, I was told that the Uber Ultra that has the different transformers is the 6L6 version. Not the (HPV) 150W with KT88.🤷‍♂️

When I asked, I was told that the Uber Ultra that has the different transformers is the 6L6 version. Not the (HPV) 150W with KT88.🤷‍♂️
Wow.... i see.... probably be measuring my twin jet to see how his design is for the KT88s so we roughly know how he power the KT88s as per the twin jet manual mA is 25 thats like an el34 current..... but lets see the plate voltage if its bumping up more than 450V..... ?

Yet his design could be different on this? But lets find out some clue thru chalky waters....lol

Back