Hey you toxic turds…

Status
Not open for further replies.
LWA Joe A is just enforcing Joe S's rules.

It's Sansalones group, so his rules.

I don't have anything personal against Jon Symonds or Kyle Bull, but I dont think they understand what the HMAP group is actually FOR

The rules aren't "Anything that starts a conversation about gear is fine"

You can post all the videos you want in HMAP that

1. aren't sponsored
2. the gear isn't provided by the manufacturer
3. You aren't making money off of

This seems really simple, but it's not just you guys that have had issues with it, there have been a million other small YouTubers and Companies that have run afoul of it too.

When you guys start your own hugbox, that's fine, but I don't think you understand that the reason HMAP is so popular is literally because you can trust that it's people's actual opinions about gear.
Yeah, that’s the part I don’t get- if you are in someone’s group and they say they don’t allow something, people don’t get to make different rules just because they are trying to make a living.

There’s also been a trend of products being promoted in ways that are clearly biased- people talk a lot on YouTube about how the Lichtlaerm King in Yellow is the best boost- the thing is , the thing that differs that pedal from other ts clones is the loop it has that allows people to blend in other drives- but all the YouTubers almost never even use that feature. Daniel from Lichtlaerm is one of my favorite people out there period, but that doesn’t give YouTubers the excuse to post biased content. It certainly doesn’t give them the right to post in groups where biased content is not allowed. If the group doesn’t allow it they don’t allow it.

Theres also the obvious flaw of these videos that ultimately the same mic on the same cab is gonna sound mostly the same with high gain amps- the videos aren’t even really able to show the different beyond distortion character.

From an opinions perspective from here on out:

A. Most of these YouTubers started promoting relatively mediocre amps and calling them the best thing ever- I specifically send Draven (a friend of mine who has a YouTube) my amps when I buy them , and he doesn’t even try to sell people on stuff- and again, subjective, but it’s ironic that people talk about stuff like Engl fireballs as the greatest thing ever, and people who actually play good amps aren’t fans of those amps- not trying to be an elitist- more just that it’s unfair to sell mid tier amps as the best thing ever just to clickbait.

B. I personally think that when money gets involved, it brings out the worst in people. We don’t need people sucking up to smaller builders to enjoy amps- YouTubers don’t bring anything to the table when their main goal is money- Draven is an example of what’s ok - he just shows how an amp sounds and that’s it. Out of my top ten amps I’ve owned all time, not a single one has been shown on the channel of a YouTuber who doesn’t buy their own stuff. That doesn’t mean that my taste is correct, but it is an indication that people who haven’t been able to play the best amps shouldn’t be the ones trying to sell people on stuff the hardest. YouTubers need us, but we don’t need them. The amp brands do. And it’s reasonable to say that people don’t want their hobby ruined by people who try to sell them stuff- especially when most of the stuff that’s being sold sucks.

No ill will to YouTubers- I can ignore your content if I want, but bottom line- if the person who runs a group doesn’t want you to promote paid content, you can’t fucking do it. Its fucking simple.

Agreed. Kyle and @Guitarjon both put out some great content and I particularly dig Jon’s efforts with comparing shit on a legit level.

I said it in the Heavy Metal Amps And Effects group this weekend (which absolutely reads like “No YouTubers unless they buy our pedals and make videos” rather than an effort to stop spamming) but I think a shitload of the shill talk is pretty fucking dumb.

In the pre-YouTube days I wouldn’t trust anyone’s word on gear until I played it myself, nothing about that has changed outside of the way the gear is presented to me. Everyone acting like the wool is being pulled over their eyes in some malicious attempt to get you to buy something, just don’t fucking watch it! It’s REALLY that easy!

Or the “Pete Thorn makes everything sound good so I don’t trust it”, yeah, that’s called finding your identity as a fucking guitar player, genius.
I like Jon. He's a pretty genuine guy.

Well.. this thread got wild. Let me break the tension. Hi, I'm CaNadian!

1710206946853.png

Most of these YouTubers started promoting relatively mediocre amps and calling them the best thing ever- I specifically send Draven (a friend of mine who has a YouTube) my amps when I buy them , and he doesn’t even try to sell people on stuff- and again, subjective, but it’s ironic that people talk about stuff like Engl fireballs as the greatest thing ever, and people who actually play good amps aren’t fans of those amps- not trying to be an elitist- more just that it’s unfair to sell mid tier amps as the best thing ever just to clickbait.

You know... while you're talking about it, if you wanna let Draven borrow your Hell Razor to make a video, well I definitely wouldn't complain lol. That guy makes some of the best pure "this is what this amp sounds like at all settings" knob turning videos on the Tube.

you guys need to overlook me because I got my DNA results back and I’m 3% Australian. So I’m naturally a little sensitive about stuff….mates….
Now hang on mate - that's a step too far you toxic man you. Unsure what the other 97% is, but blame that.

Aussies aren't exactly known for being sensitive - in fact we're as accepting and laid back as they come. Except for Julian Assange. I think he might be a little uptight.

The kind of behavior Kyle and Jon are talking about isn’t the shit you see here, so thinking they’re taking offense to that is looking in the wrong direction.

That’s not to say there aren’t a few people here who wouldn’t fit right in with that group. Ya’ll shit-talkers who never post clips of your own would love that place!
:love:

Now hang on mate - that's a step too far you toxic man you. Unsure what the other 97% is, but blame that.

Aussies aren't exactly known for being sensitive - in fact we're as accepting and laid back as they come. Except for Julian Assange. I think he might be a little uptight.
He’s actually 3% Platypus. Seems like the kind of dude who could lay eggs and suckle his young to me…🥸

Yeah, that’s the part I don’t get- if you are in someone’s group and they say they don’t allow something, people don’t get to make different rules just because they are trying to make a living.

There’s also been a trend of products being promoted in ways that are clearly biased- people talk a lot on YouTube about how the Lichtlaerm King in Yellow is the best boost- the thing is , the thing that differs that pedal from other ts clones is the loop it has that allows people to blend in other drives- but all the YouTubers almost never even use that feature. Daniel from Lichtlaerm is one of my favorite people out there period, but that doesn’t give YouTubers the excuse to post biased content. It certainly doesn’t give them the right to post in groups where biased content is not allowed. If the group doesn’t allow it they don’t allow it.

Theres also the obvious flaw of these videos that ultimately the same mic on the same cab is gonna sound mostly the same with high gain amps- the videos aren’t even really able to show the different beyond distortion character.

From an opinions perspective from here on out:

A. Most of these YouTubers started promoting relatively mediocre amps and calling them the best thing ever- I specifically send Draven (a friend of mine who has a YouTube) my amps when I buy them , and he doesn’t even try to sell people on stuff- and again, subjective, but it’s ironic that people talk about stuff like Engl fireballs as the greatest thing ever, and people who actually play good amps aren’t fans of those amps- not trying to be an elitist- more just that it’s unfair to sell mid tier amps as the best thing ever just to clickbait.

B. I personally think that when money gets involved, it brings out the worst in people. We don’t need people sucking up to smaller builders to enjoy amps- YouTubers don’t bring anything to the table when their main goal is money- Draven is an example of what’s ok - he just shows how an amp sounds and that’s it. Out of my top ten amps I’ve owned all time, not a single one has been shown on the channel of a YouTuber who doesn’t buy their own stuff. That doesn’t mean that my taste is correct, but it is an indication that people who haven’t been able to play the best amps shouldn’t be the ones trying to sell people on stuff the hardest. YouTubers need us, but we don’t need them. The amp brands do. And it’s reasonable to say that people don’t want their hobby ruined by people who try to sell them stuff- especially when most of the stuff that’s being sold sucks.

No ill will to YouTubers- I can ignore your content if I want, but bottom line- if the person who runs a group doesn’t want you to promote paid content, you can’t fucking do it. Its fucking simple.

I have nothing against either of them, I actually like some of Kyle's youtube stuff. Jon's videos and music definitely aren't my jam, but he seems like a good dude.

It's just odd, that group (HMAP) was created with VERY specific rules, and they're VERY clear, and literally EVERY time someone doesn't want to follow the rules (that Joe Sansalone made btw, not Lone Wolf Joe) they get pissed and do the "LONE WOLF JOE IS AN ASSHOLE BLAH BLAH" thing

It just seems really sus that everytime someone isn't allowed to shill, they do the classic "crying out in pain as you strike"

Either Jon or Kyle would be more than welcome to post non-monetized, non-promotional, non-sponsored content on that group - in fact, I think it would probably gain them additional eyeballs and fans. but they don't want to do that. They want to use the reach of the group to spam their monetized, promotional, sponsored content.

And then as soon as they realize that the burner is hot, they pull their hand away and start wailing about how it isn't fair that the oven is on

Okay bro, you make your own group where the oven is just a prop, more power to you

My presence here is the only "social media" I have. Loves me some Kyle Bull. I think GuitarJon seems like a nice guy. But I ain't joining Facebook. When this place eventually implodes in fiery ball of gear, memes and inappropriate jokes, I will just wander off into the wasteland of old metal heads that don't understand the intricate nuances of tweeking digital gear to get it to feel like my Herbert or Ultralead at ear splitting levels of power. And there I shall lay my weary body down upon the alcohol and ash stained carpet...and a single tear will roll down my cheek as I use my last breath to whisper "...I'm glad I didn't put down a deposit on a Larry."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back