New hi gain amps to look for?

Here are a list of some currently available production amps (I’m not a fan of all of these but thought I’d put a list together- ones I personally liked will be marked with *)
Mezzabarba Mzero Od/Trinity*
Driftwood Purple Nightmare/Darkest Nightmare*
Redseven Leviathan/ Duality*
Lichtlaerm Prometheus*
Carstens Grace/Empire*
Bogner Uber Ultra/ Pandora*
Revv Generator
MLC Vogg/ Silenoz
Mesa Mark VII/JP2C
ENGL se founders edition
Omega Granophyre/ Obsidian
Headfirst Alta*
Ground Zero Hellion*
Monomyth Skeleton Key*
Diezel Herbert MK3*
KSR Colossus
Fortin Evil Pumpkin
EVH 5150 (50w/100w, stealth, el34 and 6l6)*
EVH Iconic
Peavey Invective
Wizard Hell Razor/MCII/MTL *

They aren’t production in the same way as the others but Hermansson recto mods and Gower Marshall mods are still available to and sound awesome

I’m sure I skipped a bunch but these are a bunch of newish (mostly heavy) amps :)
Awesome thank you. Thats a great list and there's definitely a good handful for me to check out that I've never heard of before.

If you liked the Sirrom you should definitely take a look at these 3.
Headfirst Alta 100
Ground Zero Hellion
MonoMyth Skeleton Key

All in the Marshall camp. The Alta is the perfect channel switcher that goes from clean to mean. Hellion is one channel, but with loads of tone shaping possibilities. Skeleton Key is Single channel straight forward high gain face ripper.

For a long while I lusted for a Sirrom. I ended up getting the 3 aforementioned amps before one came up. Any one of the three easily killed my want for a Sirrom. I wouldn't necessarily turn a Sirrom down if I were offered one for a steal, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything not having one.

Headfirst/Jason (burger) GroundZero/Jeremy (RedPlated) and MonoMyth/Shea (Monomyth) are all great guys and active members here.

I love the KSR stuff, Monomyth and Headfirst. I would like to rebuy one from each builder (I owned a Skeleton Key, Atla, Ares, Orion, and Orthos in the past 3 years)

The only amps I haven't owned that I'm tempted for is the laechtlearm(sp) and the mesa mark vii.

Here are a list of some currently available production amps (I’m not a fan of all of these but thought I’d put a list together- ones I personally liked will be marked with *)
Lichtlaerm Prometheus*
Carstens Grace/Empire*
Revv Generator
MLC Vogg/ Silenoz
Mesa Mark VII/JP2C
ENGL se founders edition
Headfirst Alta*
Ground Zero Hellion*
Monomyth Skeleton Key*
Diezel Herbert MK3*
KSR Colossus
Fortin Evil Pumpkin
EVH Iconic
Peavey Invective

They aren’t production in the same way as the others but Hermansson recto mods and Gower Marshall mods are still available to and sound awesome

I’m sure I skipped a bunch but these are a bunch of newish (mostly heavy) amps :)
Played the pumpkin? Any thoughts on it?

Kinda gassing for one again

The Uber ultra is one of the best amps I’ve played. I own 2 the el34 and KT88. Need to give the 6L6 a try at some point.
That’s why I love you dude. You go hard and don’t fuck around!!! LOL

Which one do you dig the most? My buddy got the KT88 version and he said it’s a lot like the TJ but more easier to manage. I’m looking forward to trying his out. I did the EL34/KT88 mix and felt like it smoothed the amp out a little too much for my tastes. I only noticed a little more thump as well. Nothing crazy.

Anything Mark series IMO, they are very saturated and tight. Uber ultra is a good one for sure, EVH too.

Lichtlaerm Prometheus*
Carstens Grace/Empire*
Revv Generator
MLC Vogg/ Silenoz
Mesa Mark VII/JP2C
ENGL se founders edition
Headfirst Alta*
Ground Zero Hellion*
Monomyth Skeleton Key*
Diezel Herbert MK3*
KSR Colossus
Fortin Evil Pumpkin
EVH Iconic
Peavey Invective

I’d rate Hermanson 5GS and He’ll Razor as top 2 .

Headfirst Alta
Wizard hell razor EL34
Mesa Mark IIC++
Mesa Mark III Blue or Green Stripe
Bogner XTC 101b 1995-1999 era with Mercury Magnetics transformers stock

Back