Glenn is BSing again

It’s very annoying how blatant and obvious it is that everyone copies any and everything that gets any amount of traction - all the way down to making the same dumbass faces on their thumbnails.

If I see a clickbait title and some dipshit making an overdone smug face or open mouthed OH MY GOD face while pointing at something in the thumbnail, I’m not clicking.
The reason they do this is because it's on the list of thing YT will give preference to when recommending vids. (along with 4K, BTW.) Straight up, the algorithm gets these more clicks.

My business YT channel is monetized and our marketing department spends a lot of time staying up on the latest algorithm constraints to help keep our vids relevant. IOW I don't think any of these YTers do this silly shit because THEY like it like that.

The reason they do this is because it's on the list of thing YT will give preference to when recommending vids. (along with 4K, BTW.) Straight up, the algorithm gets these more clicks.

My business YT channel is monetized and our marketing department spends a lot of time staying up on the latest algorithm constraints to help keep our vids relevant. IOW I don't think any of these YTers do this silly shit because THEY like it like that.
I know, that’s what they say, it’s what the platform essentially dictates in order to be relevant. But if so, Youtube itself is poisoning its own well. As a viewer I don’t care why, it’s just shitty to see constant copycat stuff, especially when it is just kind of obnoxious in nature to begin with. It is ironic that in order to stand out you must do the same thing as everyone else.

Tell me you wear a MAGA hat without tellin' me you wear a MAGA hat... :loco:

Jeez louise...

Glenn may be spouting some dumb (click baity) shit, but this takes the cake. Whoo-wee. o_O
Lol nice try my man. I haven't ever even registered to vote. a bigger waste of time than responding to your post. I don't let fat guys with good hair get under my skin. What do you shampoo with?

I love YouTube algorithm bait trends!

Alright haha guys hey thanks for listening to my reaction post about this thread, don't forget to Like and Subscribe! And hey while you're at it, how about smashing that Notification Bell so you get the word about all my content as soon as it lands!!!!!! This comment brought to you by NordVPN, be sure to use my code for a 15% discount when you decide to start Surfing Safe! This post also brought to you by my good friends at RAYCON, makers of headphones for music you can FEEL! And if you really FEEL like supporting our channel, we'd love it if you'd head over to our Patreon and donate however you can! Your generosity is appreciated more than you could ever know, and hey, it really helps us keep our top quality entertainment flowing straight to YOU, week after week! I am just so appreciative of all you amazing fans out there. I couldn't do it without you, and your support truly means the world to me. And hey look at that we’re almost up to 1 MILLION subscribers haha let’s see if we can push through that goal guys, there’s nothing in the world I’d love more than to get that gold YouTube plaque to put on the wall conveniently in the background of all my videos from here on out. Hahaha alright I'll see you TheGreatGreensters next time.

I don't let fat guys with good hair get under my skin. What do you shampoo with?
Lol, just so you know I weigh less than 170lbs with a BMI <22.3. Shampoo is Syoss Keratin FWIW. :cheers:

But you gotta admit preferring wrong opinions, just because they're delivered brashly is kinda stupid, eh?

But you gotta admit preferring wrong opinions, just because they're delivered brashly is kinda stupid, eh?
It only matters if the opinion is right or not. I don't care how it's stated whether it's by a fat guy with good hair or some planet fitness junkie who buys expensive shampoos. Shampoo is ajax. I'm 205-210 and still a little thin.

Dude, you have issues.
The whole point was that you said yourself you preferred WRONG opinions (when delivered brashly) over right ones, when they're mealy mouthed. And now suddenly 180 spin (only matters if they're right or not) with some attempt to a personal attack? I'm no fitness junkie either, I just eat reasonably healthy and in moderation.
Also..., you wanted to know which shampoo I use, so I told you. I don't want anything with SLS in it. Don't remember asking you what shampoo you use. Don't care.
If you can't handle being called out on BS statements in a thread that's about a guy monetizing on exactly that, maybe online forums are not your thang... Good day, sir.

Dude, you have issues.
The whole point was that you said yourself you preferred WRONG opinions (when delivered brashly) over right ones, when they're mealy mouthed. And now suddenly 180 spin (only matters if they're right or not) with some attempt to a personal attack? I'm no fitness junkie either, I just eat reasonably healthy and in moderation.
Also..., you wanted to know which shampoo I use, so I told you. I don't want anything with SLS in it. Don't remember asking you what shampoo you use. Don't care.
If you can't handle being called out on BS statements in a thread that's about a guy monetizing on exactly that, maybe online forums are not your thang... Good day, sir.
I ain't got my undies in a bind over anything Glenn Fricker says, right or wrong. It don't really matter because I don't play heavy music so his opinions aren't really applicable to what I"m doing. It's irrelevant even if he were an authority, which he isn't. The shampoo question was more of a joke than an actual question. I suppose we could debate that next. I hope you have a great day. *shrugs

All I have to say that wasn't already said in this thread is that Circle of Tone is more my preference for guitar-oriented toan/production stuff.

I think the issue between Glenn and most guitarists is that Glenn lives in a world of (high gain) close mic recording (quantitative), and most guitarists live in a world of how things sound in the room / live (qualitative). Trying to recreate some of these things myself, I've found that both points of view are more or less correct. Eg. when you close mic record high gain, speakers & mics make a big difference, amps may make a difference, and nothing else really makes much of a difference. In the room however, for reasons I have a theory about, I feel (there's the operative word) like I can detect differences all the way down to what pick I'm using!

To the tube guys, I challenge you this. Make a close mic A/B recording USING A REAMP (critical) where you hold literally everything exactly the same except the tubes, and get back to us with the sample. I did this with an amp where I swapped 6L6 running around 36 mA vs a set of EL34 running around 17mA. Should be vastly different, right? Sure "seemed" like it in the room!

To the amp guys, here's a reamp comparo I did with a Mark IVb vs a 6505+. Again, should be vastly different, right? Sure "seemed" like it in the room!

If you want to talk close mic high gain recording, the things that do matter are speakers..

...and mics. Remember- EVERY TONE you know and love from songs you've heard- WERE RECORDED.

To be clear I'm not here to defend Glenn as I think he has been sucked into jerking off for the algorithm because that's his income now. What I'm saying is that the issue here is perspective & perception, and when you align those things I believe it's probable that both sides are correct. So, I'll leave you with this thought. Are you trying to solve the problem, or are you trying to win the argument?

Those little things all add up though. So in the end what you may only hear in the room at first you will eventually hear it on the mic too, you just need to add more and more variables. Tubes, strings, cables, pickups.. these things on their own will not make you sound much different, but add them all up and there definitely is a tonal shift IMO.

Those little things all add up though. So in the end what you may only hear in the room at first you will eventually hear it on the mic too, you just need to add more and more variables. Tubes, strings, cables, pickups.. these things on their own will not make you sound much different, but add them all up and there definitely is a tonal shift IMO.
Worth adding that while tiny differences can add, if they're tiny enough it still won't make much if any difference. Not making any judgement on the importance of the things you mentioned, just noting a mistake I see often made, even if you weren't necessarily making it.

Ugh, I can't stand that fucking guy either! :ROFLMAO:

Hahaha! I’ve known Owen ( circle of tone) in real life for almost 25 years, one of his brothers is one of my longest close time friends. He’s a good dude, always means well, it’s just the way he comes across.

For what it’s worth, he also has more first hand knowledge probably than most. His dad, mike gibbins, was the drummer for badfinger in the early 70s, the first band on the Beatles record label, Apple records. Mikes stories over the years were incredible. Unfortunately mike died in 2005 or 2006 when David ( his other son) and I were only 18 or 19. But even by that point, the amount of info we learned from him was amazing. Mike was doing records with tons of people throughout the 90s, including paul Chapman of UFO, liberty devitto(he’s a cock by the way), Molly hatchet and many more. We were all constantly exposed to this growing up, and it was pretty incredible looking back now. Also, badfinger is probably the saddest story in rock n roll for those that aren’t familiar. These guys were playing Madison square garden with Hendrix and eric Clapton, but couldn’t afford to move out of their parents basements. The original rock n roll story of “management fucking the band”. There’s a great VH1 behind the music on them as well for anyone interested.

Also glenn is a booger eating turd.

Back