Glenn is BSing again

I actually get a good chuckle from some of the thumbnails.
“….. mistakes we all make”
“What the pros do that you don’t”
“What you do the pros don’t”
“….. and what happens next”
“Do this …..”

I can’t blame anyone for trying to standout somehow. Even my channel where I only have about 4 or 5 videos, I spent time trying to come up with something that stood out. I did a Marshall SC20 demo and put “JCM800 captured in a pint?”, I thought it was clever but kind of corny. Damn just checked and I got 61,000 views on that, wow.

"Glenn's mixing is sh*t, Foo Fighters suck, my band, pro studio, this is how you play the guitar, etc..."

Yet, still not a single clip from the guru. :rolleyes:
Wait....you were talking to me? LOL

Never said anything about Glen's mixes, not sure where you got that. Never heard any of them. The Foo Fighters are shit, that's the truth. I have been in a pro studio, any moron with a few bucks can do that. I never told anyone how to play guitar. I don't feel an overwhelming urge to share clips though I did owe one member some for helping me select some speakers for my rig when I needed some guidance.

He’s gotten really click baity, but I think he has a good approach to trying to prove out the snake oil theories. I don’t see anyone trying to prove him wrong with their own tests just with their words.

if you can get past the first 30 seconds of him yelling, hes got plenty of solid info and actually has a lot of interviews and tutorials from guys im interested in that i havent really seen anywhere else. he seems pretty honest in his reviews and is one of the only ones ive seen outright bash gear he dosent like. i find the videos of him responding to all the haters quite funny

and is one of the only ones ive seen outright bash gear he dosent like.
I get so sick of those stupid glad hand gear reviews most guys give. Literally zero criticism, just gushing glowing BS cause they get a freebie. I caught Glenn absolutely trashing a Dave Mustaine sig Gibson (I think it was a Gibson), that was pretty funny. The guitar had piss poor quality control and he ripped them to shreds over it. Was a nice change.

Wait....you were talking to me? LOL

Never said anything about Glen's mixes, not sure where you got that. Never heard any of them. The Foo Fighters are shit, that's the truth. I have been in a pro studio, any moron with a few bucks can do that. I never told anyone how to play guitar. I don't feel an overwhelming urge to share clips though I did owe one member some for helping me select some speakers for my rig when I needed some guidance.

Talking to most everyone :ROFLMAO:
No stress, Von. I think it's entertaining, really.
Mostly just trying to see where everyone is/about.

I get so sick of those stupid glad hand gear reviews most guys give. Literally zero criticism, just gushing glowing BS cause they get a freebie. I caught Glenn absolutely trashing a Dave Mustaine sig Gibson (I think it was a Gibson), that was pretty funny. The guitar had piss poor quality control and he ripped them to shreds over it. Was a nice change.

his channel is fun in doses, i never really understood the hate for him or any of the youtubers really, to me they are all just entertainment id rather watch than the news or whatever else

his channel is fun in doses, i never really understood the hate for him or any of the youtubers really, to me they are all just entertainment id rather watch than the news or whatever else
Glenn definitely goes up and down in volume. It's funny. Sometimes his master volume is on 11, other times he actually seems a bit more chill and relaxed. Either way he's got the troll act down.

He seems to be some sort of institution among heavy music guys apparently cause people are always angry with him. Bombastic opinions seem to really set people off these days but I find them mildly entertaining. I prefer a brash but wrong opinion over a mealy mouthed feel good one. I rarely watch gear stuff on youtube anyways but when I do it isn't a review from a guy who goes by "Chappers" either haha. I can't get on board.

I'll tell you where I'm at. I'm at home cause I ain't got a gig tonight. That's the big suck. I hate no gigs on a friday. Tomorrow afternoon will be better.

To be fair I haven't gigged in a long time, but God gave rock'n roll to me, so...

a&s.jpg

he seems pretty honest in his reviews and is one of the only ones ive seen outright bash gear he dosent like.
I give credit where credit is due and he is one of the only YouTubers that will do this. He's bashed products that suck, even if he’s been sponsored by them or they’re his friends. Everyone else seems so scared to do this and lose sponsored stuff.

I give credit where credit is due and he is one of the only YouTubers that will do this. He's bashed products that suck, even if he’s been sponsored by them or they’re his friends. Everyone else seems so scared to do this and lose sponsored stuff.

yeah he dosent hold back, ive heard him say multiple times "im gonna lose friends and money for this but seriously, what the fuck is this bullshit?" and i lol. Ola is funny to me too, i like the polite "that sounds interesting" comment with that constipated look which tells you something is terrible without really needing to say it lol

I’m really curious how much Glenn makes off the views of the weekly “help Glenn get more attention” threads at rigtalk, I’d guess it would probably make me want to throw up
Don’t forget the bi-weekly girl with visible boobs that plays guitar threads.

Because he talks down to the audience like we're retards and then pushes his opinions as fact when they are false..

as a retard myself thats been subscribed to him for a long time and sparingly watches i cant say ive ever noticed either of those things, i do see his polls though asking who his audience is and what they want to see and his audience is indeed beginner and novice home recorders playing schecters and solars into their 1x12 modeler or amp sims. if telling these types that changing their spider 1x12 speaker to a creamback is a better way to improve tone rather than pickups like he did in the "pickups dont matter" video, which geniusly drew in all levels of players, backed up by the comparisons he does, i think theres much worse channels you could watch for bad info :dunno: i shouldnt say i dont understand why people hate him, i cant watch that michael neilson dude cause he gives me douche chills like few humans ever have so i guess i understand

I actually get a good chuckle from some of the thumbnails.
“….. mistakes we all make”
“What the pros do that you don’t”
“What you do the pros don’t”
“….. and what happens next”
“Do this …..”

I can’t blame anyone for trying to standout somehow. Even my channel where I only have about 4 or 5 videos, I spent time trying to come up with something that stood out. I did a Marshall SC20 demo and put “JCM800 captured in a pint?”, I thought it was clever but kind of corny. Damn just checked and I got 61,000 views on that, wow.
It’s very annoying how blatant and obvious it is that everyone copies any and everything that gets any amount of traction - all the way down to making the same dumbass faces on their thumbnails.

If I see a clickbait title and some dipshit making an overdone smug face or open mouthed OH MY GOD face while pointing at something in the thumbnail, I’m not clicking.

I think the most shameless thing I’ve seen is some channel that I think was called Nutrition Library where the guy tried to copy the exact facial expressions of Andrew Huberman on all the thumbnails. That he seemingly had the thought that if he just made the same face as Huberman that people who watch Huberman would click on his shit irritates me to an unreasonable degree.

Back