• Hindu

• Zoroastrianist

• Buddhist

• Agnostic

• Gnostic

• Something else

• ... atheist

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sure, the Orthodox church could be the direct descendant, the true church, etc., but my first question would be, as with a lot of questions that Christianity raises, is why would god leave so much up for debate when trying to establish a basic guide for humankind?
That's what I'm trying to tell you. It's not that hard once you find the original church, the core teachings. Believe Christ and the saints, people who died for the orthodox faith vs some recent modern western skeptics preaching atheism from academia. They are all dead but Christ=alive=freedom. Either love is real, or everything about this life is all lies and meaningless. Orthodoxy is the only institution whose founding is based on pure love, which is always higher than human ways. That doesn't mean a human church is infallible but the love among the body of Christ is not fallible and has kept the church from going off the rails. Self regulating. Don't let western misunderstandings of scripture and the endless protestant confusions dissuade you. I have been there. I am encouraged, and pray that you will come around one day because there good tings in store for you there. Difficult things, but good things. Be blessed and catch you soon.

Back