1 owner 71' Marshall 1959 full stack.....

That's insane, i own a near mint 71 and paid a fraction of that two years ago. I hope this is a joke.
I have no idea what the true going rate is....guy is the original owner with the original sale receipts. If nothing else the provenance is there. Not sure that would qualify its price but if I was looking for something like this that would be a good thing to have and could certainly influence a sales decision.

Severely overpriced.

I just recently bought a super clean all original 1969 Superlead with Siemens/RFT el34's and a very clean late 68/ early 69 basketweave cab with pulsonic pre rola greenbacks. Paid way less than what this guy is asking.
I bought a 72 SuperTremolo from England earlier this year, for 2400 shipped/tax. Museum condition. I paid 1500 shipped for a matching 72 1960a cab in good shape with original Pulsonics. But, my solder has the red dye that is supposed to be prevalent IF it's all original. Is it just me, or is there NONE of that with this 71?
IF those cabs are original and not restored, they can go for 4K or even more..so let's say 8K for the cabs. The amp if mint can go for another 4K but I've never seen any 70s JMP WITHOUT the red dye on the solder joints unless it's been rebuilt.
But it is legit for an all original cab with the metal handles, Homa casters and of course original Pulsonics to go for as much as a mint head.
Either way it's a lot of cash for some question marks...Jim from Scumback would be able to tell more about the cabs. Plus if he's asking that much he needs to pull the backs off the cabs and take some pics...

Birth year. I want one of those and a LPC from 71. Don't have that kind of cash though.

My 69 has the dye all over. Not sure if 72’s have it or not. Although all the pots on that amp have the dye. Just not on the board. That’s weird.

The grill cloth on those cabs in the ad are shockingly clean and un-faded. The logo is also super bright white. I would expect to it have yellowed somewhat. Sort of too clean.

My 69 has the dye all over. Not sure if 72’s have it or not. Although all the pots on that amp have the dye. Just not on the board. That’s weird.

The grill cloth on those cabs in the ad are shockingly clean and un-faded. The logo is also super bright white. I would expect to it have yellowed somewhat. Sort of too clean.
Yep, my 72 does have the red dye on everything with a few exceptions, a pot that was changed and 1 resistor. The 72 cab is in good shape but is yellowed a bit from age..as expected. I did score a 74 cab for 349 at a GC that was mint, though..no marks/tears/discoloration.

Back