13 Seconds in the Life of DBN

COOL CAR ! But small blocks are, well, small. LOL Put a 440 or a big Hemi in that bee-atch ! And it better have THREE pedals !

paulyc":1jquxaol said:
COOL CAR ! But small blocks are, well, small. LOL Put a 440 or a big Hemi in that bee-atch ! And it better have THREE pedals !

I was a die hard big block guy until this year coincidentally, lol. Now I'm all about 318s, 340s, and 360s. A big part of my conversion was courtesy of Uncle Tony's Garage (UTG) on youtube. He took a 72 Coronet and did some work to the the stock 318 and added 4:11 gears and a 4 speed. It is one of the best sounding cars I have ever heard and performs quite well. Then all these Duster, Dart and Challenger vids started popping up and I was hooked.

That being said, I will always have a big block Mopar in my collection.

Thanks for the comments paulyc!

This is what my brother's been dreamin' about for 12 years and had a loan approved for this week (the bulk of it; he'd saved the rest).

He recons the VE SS Commodore was the sweet spot for all-round performance and looks. 6.0L LS2 Chev / GM motor, of course. The car in the video has been upgraded with the 6.2L LS3, but this is pretty much what he's gonna get.

Just listen to the sweet tones!

I just received a pic from my brother of his Commodore VE SS LS2 that I told you guys about. 6.2L V8, 450bhp, 530nm torque.

He moved to Bathurst yesterday so he took the beast for a spin on the track, and here 'tis on the twisty part heading back down the mountain towards Conrod Straight:

JPEG_20210120_153634_3572425556961325124-01.jpg

Last edited:
My brother's moving back to Melbourne in a week, so he made a high-quality video of the track in his LS2 SS Commodore.

Enable the captions (CC button) 'cause he provides some interesting commentary along the way.

Enjoy!

Back